Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Still new to all of this  (Read 1214 times)

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
Still new to all of this
« on: August 13, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »

Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago, I'm 38 and the GP thinks I may be starting the peri menopause early.
I've been having test, ultrasounds and I have been referred for a hysteroscopy. My FSH was normal but my womb and linging are apparently thin and showing sings of low oestrogen.

My periods have been all over the place for the past year and then I just stopped for about 3 months. I also have been having bleeding after sex (which the GP has checked out)

My last bleed after not bleeding for 4 months was extremely heavy, and was like loosing flesh, I stopped for a day then started bleeding that night again, all so very strange.

also it seemed to smell so much stronger, is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Also (sorry for the details) but when your peri menopause, do you still loose the gunky stringy discharge you usually get around ovulation time?

I am still so confused with all of this, and still have lots of questions. Sorry!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still new to all of this
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »

You ask away  :yes: ....... each 1 of us is different but there are similarities.  4 me my periods waxed and waned for a few years, then done.    Up until then I had heavy, clotty bleeds  >:( which were very very painful until I took The Pill.

Hormone upheaval can alter one's sense of smell and taste.  When I was prescribed Tamoxifen my sense of smell was extremely acute  :-X  :-\
If you think of ladies in pregnancy how some smells can cause nausea ......

If you are bleeding after sex then ask for vaginal atrophy treatment.  As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out.  This includes the vagina ......... have a read of our threads about that and bladder issues. 

Nothing is TMI!  Ask away.

Carol Wragg

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »

Thank you ☺️

I have really been struggling with sleep recently, I'm not getting to sleep before 1am if I'm lucky.
I ache while I'm laid in bed and wake up with my whole body aching! But this may be my mattress lol

Also I keep having periods where my skin itches all over!

Has anyone else experienced this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »

Yep.

Morning!  As oestrogen levels drop so the skin may become dry : inside and out  :o : skin, deep in the ears, nostrils, between the toes, vagina ...... and muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Try not to struggle with sleep, your body will catch up if you are able to relax.  Rest helps and stopping the brain telling you "I will never get to sleep" is difficult but worked for me  ;).  Nights I don't sleep I read. 

Jane50

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »

I got some antihistamines from the doc to help me sleep as couldn't take zopiclone indefinitely. They really help me stay asleep. I still sometimes wake with a start from anxiety or the sweats but easier to get back to sleep (once I've towelled myself down!) Never had sleep issues before peri. Peri's great. Said no one ever. X

Baby

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »

Hi Carol.just a few answers to your questions. I had the itchiness, it was one of my first symptons. My back I used to keep scratching  all of the time. Tried various creams but nothing helped. This went on for about six months then over night just stopped. By the way this was just before my periods started changing so had no idea this was a meno sympton till later on. The question about the ovulation time of the month once my periods started to become erratic I no longer had the gungy discharge. And finally about the aches and pains it's not your mattress. I thought exactly the same so bought a really expensive new one. Didn't change a thing still full of aches and pains.