Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: hot flushes  (Read 1139 times)

maurica

• First Flush
hot flushes
« on: August 11, 2020, 07:23:02 PM »

Hi there, am new to the forum, have been on evorel conti for 5 years, worked a treat for the hot flushes, not for mood swings etc,
from feb cant get them anywhere. My hot flushes and night sweats are horrendous , could shower 10 times a day and still wouldnt help, have delightful sweat rashes on my back. Have talked to gp on phone but she wasnt very helpful. Has anybody
had any success with herbal pills for the sweats, at this minute i'll try anything , a nights sleep would be an extra bonus :(

jaypo

Re: hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 07:20:31 AM »

Hi and welcome, I have flushes and sweats too,sadly nothing has helped,I think sage helps some but whether it's coincidental or not I'm not sure as flushes can fluctuate,some months better than others.
Get a rechargeable fan for your handbag,Amazon sells them and when you feel the first sign of a sweat coming,blast yourself with cool air,if I catch mine before they take hold they're not so bad.
This weather doesn't help,it's just too hot  :(

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »

Hi Maurica. Your GP has treated you badly in not suggesting alternatives to Evorel conti but the good news is that it should now be available. My pharmacy has had it in stock for a month or so. It will be worth phoning different pharmacies in your area if you still have problems obtaining it. When did you last ask for it?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Perty

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 03:42:21 PM »

I've been prescribed Evorel Conti and have managed to get them from Boots. I went round in circles with the original prescription back in June which was then changed to a different patch (by a locum GP who was obviously a bit clueless) when there was a suggestion that they weren't available at a different pharmacy chain. I then had the prescription switched back when the helpful pharmacist at Boots said they did have Evorel. Its such a long time since I've had a prescription for anything, I now understand that you have to specify a pharmacy for the prescription at the time it is made-so I have stuck with Boots.

maurica

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 05:14:02 PM »

Thanks everyone, intend to phone gp in morning, can't deal with these hot flushes any longer have just spent all weekend standing in front of a fan , and am about to divorce hubby , i put fan on in bedroom, he waits till i'm
asleep and turns it off( not a wise decision !!! ) >:(

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »

You should be able to get Evorel conti again. They are available in my pharmacy again.

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 07:24:00 PM »

Haha maurica,Tie the fan to your arm so he can't get near it