Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Red blood post meno, forgot Utro capsule  (Read 703 times)

Dandelion

Red blood post meno, forgot Utro capsule
« on: August 10, 2020, 05:46:42 PM »

I've had discharge issues and hysteroscopy and HRT changes.
I've been taking 50mcg gel, 1 oral utro and 1 vag utro Conti
I had a guest on Saturday night and forgot my vaginal utro, so I took two in the vagina and one oral last night.
today I had red blood come out, is this due to the forgotten vaginal utro?
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Red blood post meno, forgot Utro capsule
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 07:23:49 AM »

Try not to worry so much Dandelion! If you have bleeding after forgetting the progesterone, this could indicate that maybe your womb lining may be thicker than it should be (ie possibly fibroids or something?) - but I think you already know this from other bleeding episodes and have had investigations?  Please don't be alarmed. It is good that you are making sure you keep your lining healthy and asking about any abnormal symptoms and bleeding. Not sure on your gel dosage? 50 mcg dose is for patches but gel is usually in larger quantities and with oestrogel is measured by number of pumps.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 07:59:22 AM »

Try not to worry so much Dandelion! If you have bleeding after forgetting the progesterone, this could indicate that maybe your womb lining may be thicker than it should be (ie possibly fibroids or something?) - but I think you already know this from other bleeding episodes and have had investigations?  Please don't be alarmed. It is good that you are making sure you keep your lining healthy and asking about any abnormal symptoms and bleeding. Not sure on your gel dosage? 50 mcg dose is for patches but gel is usually in larger quantities and with oestrogel is measured by number of pumps.

Hurdity x
Hi @Hurdity
I've been plagued with bleeding even after hysteroscopy in January 2019 and increase in utro from 100mg orally  to 200mg, 1 oral and 1 vaginal

All was fine after utro increase, vaginally, until June 2019 when bleeding started again, so Dr reduced patch from 100mcg to 75.
This stopped bleeding, but it came back with avengeance early this year but not continual. had heavy period in march this year even though I am post Meno, 54 in September.
As estrogen was in short supply, but gel available privately with Mhra accredited online pharmacy in decided to change to gel and reduce to 50mcg. I do use 2 pumps.
I've had light brown discharge and some terracotta discharge some days. Tender boobs, bit not troublesome. Mild pelvic pain some days.
I haven't been to GP since June 2019 as I don't want my progesterone regime changed as it's cross tolerant with the valium I am tapering from and any progesterone changes will mess up my taper and make me ill.
I don't know if my womb lining is thick. in june 2019 GP said our hospital don't scan for womb lining thickening anymore as she said it is not reliable and if I went to hospital I would have to have another hysteroscopy.
I don't know why brown pink and red stuff coming out of me as I get night sweats so I can't be getting too much oestrogen.
I have a lot of non medical stress in my life, I know stress produces cortisol and my research shows that cortisol inhibits progesterone, so could this over production be stopping my utro from working, and making me bleed?
Thanks
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:54:55 AM by Dandelion »

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 08:34:18 AM »

Sorry I can't help. Just curious though why you take one utro orally and the other vaginally?

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 10:01:13 AM »

Sorry I can't help. Just curious though why you take one utro orally and the other vaginally?
After my hysteroscopy and chat with Dr Currie, due to valium cross tolerance, I did not want more oral, more in bloodstream, vaginal utro goes straight to womb.
I can't do two vaginal as that would be like making a huge valium cut due to cross tolerance and would make me very ill.
dark brown blood coming out today, mild pelvic pain, on 200mg utro it's ridiculous, unless my nonmedical stress is causing more cortisol and causing utro to fail