Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: GP told me last year trans-vag ultrasounds unreliable  (Read 934 times)

Dandelion

GP told me last year trans-vag ultrasounds unreliable
« on: August 10, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »

Hi

After abnormal bleeding, my GP told me that they no longer do transvaginal ultrasound scans to test for womb lining thickening as they are unreliable.
I find this hard to believe, has anyone else heard of trans vag ultrasounds for womb lining thickening tests being unreliable?
Thanks

shrosphirelass

Re: GP told me last year trans-vag ultrasounds unreliable
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 06:14:43 PM »

I've recently had bleeding and was sent for urgent investigations. The first thing they did was a transvaginal scan. I have had several of these in the past and they have been used to decide whether further investigations are needed. I have never heard anyone question their reliability.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »

I've recently had bleeding and was sent for urgent investigations. The first thing they did was a transvaginal scan. I have had several of these in the past and they have been used to decide whether further investigations are needed. I have never heard anyone question their reliability.
Thanks, I'm sick of the bleeding, They've upped my prog, reduced my oestrogen patch and I changed to gel and reduced it even more. I get night sweats, yet discharge and now blood, I think this blood is because I forgot a vag utro on Saturday night

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 10:16:55 PM »

Hi

After abnormal bleeding, my GP told me that they no longer do transvaginal ultrasound scans to test for womb lining thickening as they are unreliable.
I find this hard to believe, has anyone else heard of trans vag ultrasounds for womb lining thickening tests being unreliable?
Thanks
Unreliable in which way? Did the doctor explain? I had one last December and  haven't heard this.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 10:25:29 PM »

Hi

Thanks
Unreliable in which way? Did the doctor explain? I had one last December and  haven't heard this.
GP didn't say I thought it was quite strange as well, I wonder if it is just my area.