Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Position of Vagifem pessary  (Read 1013 times)

Jutee

Position of Vagifem pessary
« on: August 09, 2020, 08:45:47 PM »

Hi just read an article about positioning vagifem in lower part of the vagina for symptoms of urethral discomfort. About 5 cm in. This article was written by a gynecologist.
I just wondered if anyone had tried this and whether it had been more successful. for symptoms around the lower area of the vagina canal and urethra.
Any thoughts

Joaniepat

Re: Position of Vagifem pessary
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:24:31 AM »

Hi just read an article about positioning vagifem in lower part of the vagina for symptoms of urethral discomfort. About 5 cm in. This article was written by a gynecologist.
I just wondered if anyone had tried this and whether it had been more successful. for symptoms around the lower area of the vagina canal and urethra.
Any thoughts
Some on here have reported success with this method, although I can't say it made any difference to me. However, I don't insert it high up anyway. Do you have any Ovestin or Estriol Cream to apply to the labia? That would help external soreness.

JP x

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 06:47:03 AM »

I placed low on the bladder wall, helped with my prolasped bladder (ok now) and any other bladder issues. I tend to keep it low but move on different sides and somtimes place high so everywhere gets a dose. I also use Ovestin on the labia and inside around the urethra.

Jutee

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 11:39:06 AM »

Thanks for your replies great website.🌝