Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to this menopause lark! What is going on?????  (Read 1068 times)

Myfairlady

New to this menopause lark! What is going on?????
« on: August 07, 2020, 04:40:18 PM »

Good afternoon all, just want to post and say 'hi' and introduce myself. Just turned 51, just turned into a 'monster'. Used to be easy going, funny, a laugh, my friends say i was good to be around.....oh sorry, I need to tell you about now and not when I was 50! Now I'm a moody, miserable, whiney, stressed out, tearful, naggy b**ch!

What is going on? I was absolutely fine until i turned 51. Almost overnight changes started to happen to my body. Did I mention yet that my 'downstairs' hurts? Did i mention that when i do manage to 'get it on' with my long suffering husband it feels like I'm weeing razor blades?

So my story....I'm on ovranette, a combined pill. Have been for years, happily. The past 4 months every time I stop for the week to have my period I turn into this monster! This month was particularly bad and actually worried me so much I thought I was going crazy. It all started when I burst into tears for absolutely no reason. This led me to become very angry with myself, so i thought i'd smash a few plates while I emptied the dishwasher.....whilst putting cutlery away I managed to break the drawer, which led me back to the crying.....I ended up having a complete 'kitchen floor reset'!
I don't know what happened, this has never happened to me before....and now I'm worried that it will happen every month.

Oh and as soon as started on my next packet of pills I went back to the laid back, happy go lucky person that I normally am.

I tried to get a doctors appointment and have been told that there's a 3 week waiting list, which takes me back to my 'bad week'!

Can anyone relate to what i've written????

Hello by the way :)
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to this menopause lark! What is going on?????
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 06:00:14 PM »

Yep and I'm not on HRT!

:welcomemm:  HORMONES  >:(.  Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 

Maybe put the name of the HRT into the search box on the forum to see what pops up: make notes ;-). You will see how others have got on with it.

As for 'downstairs' - as oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, vagina, scalp, eyes, deep in the ears, nostrils - do read our threads on vaginal atrophy and bladder issues ........ you will benefit from appropriate Vaginal Atrophy treatment to ease the vaginal area.  It make take 3-4 weeks B4 you feel benefit so the sooner you begin the better!  You don't need any examination or blood tests, symptoms should be enough.  For me it was like razor blades  :o up there with a few urine infeciton-type symptoms without infection being present.

Browse round.  Ask away.

Myfairlady

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:06:02 PM »

Thank you for replying. I have so much to learn! I really appreciate the understanding shown on here. Good to know I’m not alone. Thank you x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 07:09:21 AM »

Hi myfairlady

:welcomemm:

Just to say I thought the pill could sometimes be taken back to back to avoid the pill free week? Also I've just mentioned on another post in this section that there are two other pills designed for peri-menopause because they contain the same oestrogen as in HRT. QLAIRA contains varying amounts of oestrogen throughout the month but there is no pill free week. There are just two days when dummy pills are taken, and progestogens are also not taken every day. There is another one called ZOELY  too. Unfortunately there don't seem to be many reports of women taking these and I hope it's because they do so well they don't feel the need to come back to this forum! Also now you are over 50 it's probably more advisable to take a pill with the bio-identical oestrogen in it ( ie estradiol) than the synthetic one in the pill you are taking. Usually women are advised to come off this type at a certain age - but depends on your general health too I think.

Yes to the vaginal atrophy treatment as CLKD suggests! Lots of info on the main website - look at the menus above.

Hurdity x

Myfairlady

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 08:38:09 PM »

Thank you for the very informative answer Hurdity. Much appreciated.

First thing I need is a doctors appt. Tried to book one but was told there’s a 3 week wait for Non urgent matters. :'(

I really appreciate your help. Feeling like I don’t know myself at the moment.
Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »

Ask for an appt with the Practice Nurse and if that fails, ask for an appt. or book yourself in for an appt at a menopause clinic.  I think GPs will be doing themselves out of a job soon, what with GOOGLE and support groups like these  ::)