Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT Femoston- unusual heavy bleeding  (Read 1060 times)

Sue mamma

• First Flush
HRT Femoston- unusual heavy bleeding
« on: February 18, 2020, 09:40:43 PM »

Hi all, I'm  wanting a bit of help. I've been on HRT Femoston 1/10 for 6 years and I've got heavy bleeding and clots at 5 tablets before end. I have not had any bleeding till now, I do have fibroids. Many, according to scan recently.  Just wanted to hear from anyone who has been through this. It's awful and cramps too. I'm 55 so should be coming off it anyway but I'm panicking about the blood.   Any help please.

Hurdity

Re: HRT Femoston- unusual heavy bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 08:45:34 PM »

Hi Sue mamma

:welcomemm:

Your post got missed - lots of members and posts soon drop off the page!

Well the current view is that you can stay on HRT as long as you feel you need to - and if no medical reason why not. However if your bleeding is very heavy and clotty and you haven't had a bleed on this regime for 6 years, and in view of your age it would be best to get checked out. Oestrogen can cause fibroids to grow and you may need to take something to help shrink them, or other treatment so please make an appointment with your doctor. Hopefully all will be well.

Hurdity x

Sue mamma

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:32:07 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I've only just seen your reply I.did go for tests, biopsy and all was normal, hurrah! And the bleeding hashtag occured again. Still I now have next scenario that at 56 I should be coming off it. Doc said to try Femoston conti which is a much lower dose but with both hormones continuously.  Problem is I suffer from anxiety and have been too nervous to go on to the other one yet..... ps I do have fibroids!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 07:25:00 AM »

Hi Sue Mamma

I didn't realise I had already answered this one - and have just answered your other new post - taken at face value. However what I said then still stands,  although re fibroids - it does depend on what size they are, whether they are causing any problems?

Hurdity x

PS I've just seen the date of my reply so even more confused! Hope some of what I've said makes sense!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:27:00 AM by Hurdity »