Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Just finding my way  (Read 955 times)

Annie51

• First Flush
Just finding my way
« on: August 05, 2020, 05:32:58 PM »

Hi just finding my way, signed up last year but in denial of the menopause til now I think. I’m Annie I am 52, still regular periods but starting to struggle now a little. Weeping like a frickin’ radish at times! I have joint pain, weird dreams, feeling a little hot some nights and my period pain is shocking! But hey apart from that I’m fine 🙂 it’s a weird and lonely time, but still standing x

jaypo

Re: Just finding my way
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:18:37 PM »

Hi Annie and welcome to the forum,don't fret,we're all in the same boat here,ask away any questions you have,just start a new thread or pop anything in the search box and you'll always find someone to help you  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:09 PM »

Hi!  aches and pains are common, as oestrogen levels drop off.  Muscles may become lax.  The body may become dry.

Which symptom would you like to ease?  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 06:26:21 PM »

Hi Annie51 - no need to feel lonely anymore!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 06:46:53 PM »

I wish my GP was as clued up as you CLKD.  On a call I had with her today she said that joint aches weren’t a symptom of menopause and that I must have arthritis.  I despair, I really do  ::)

Rosie x

Annie51

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »

Thank you everyone ❤️ I find my diary is really helping at the moment. My symptoms are practically identical each month. I found my joint pains were really eased by 5K + on my exercise bike each day. I do walk every day too, but find my joint pain worse when I don’t use the bike. I also tried glucosamine but have changed now to a general 50+ vitamin.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 07:03:08 PM »

Rosie - it is common knowledge that etc., etc., etc..  Another GP that isn't getting the message!   You may well have arthritis but that is a different type of pain to lack of oestrogen  ::)

Did she refer you for an X-ray of the affected joints?  The definitive way of diagnosing osteo arthritis which also shows the state of normal wear and tear !!!  I've studied many an X-ray in my time ............ RA can be diagnosed by appropriate blood tests as well as joints becoming hot and swollen when the condition is active.

I would ask her which part of peri-menopause doesn't she understand  ;D and fortunately, her time *will* come!