Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi i’m new and struggling  (Read 773 times)

Bashley

• First Flush
Hi i’m new and struggling
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:04:09 PM »

Hi all
I was told that this site might help me. Had a hysterectomy 6 years ago and struggled with the menopause, no doctors would give me HRT, but I can no longer cope so phoned my doctor today, she explained there are risks but said to try a different treatment like HRT but with not so many risks she said try it for 2 weeks to see how it goes. One thing that’s worrying me is that I have been sore down below, my doctor said back in November that its red and sore. They have now prescribed Estriol cream but when I used it last night it really stung and hurt but she said it will as i’m sore. I am getting over a UTI that I had antibiotics for that I finished Monday and I don’t think they have helped down there . I just wanted to see if any of you had the stinging when using the cream

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi i’m new and struggling
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:13:09 PM »

What has your GP suggested instead of HRT which is known to ease symptoms?

Why did your GP not prescribe anything in November, it does sting a bit.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out  :o - skin, scalp, deep in the ears, vagina  :o, nostrils ......... it stings due to the skin being dry and sore, it has no resistance until the Estriol begins to work.

How often are you using it.  Did you have a urine infection, was a sample sent away.  It has to be tested to be sure.  Do read our threads on bladder issues and vaginal atrophy which mimics urine infection-type symptoms!

Taking a pain relief can ease symptoms too. 

Bashley

• First Flush
Re: Hi i’m new and struggling
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »

Hi not sure what the prescription is yet as I haven’t been able to collect it yet. The UtI was treated via a phone call as I was in agony literally couldn’t get off the toilet, constantly passing urine it was agony and there was some blood so the doctor prescribed antibiotics, which really messed up my tummy and think its messed up down below too. I am glad you mentioned dryness elsewhere as my ears are so dry and flaky as is my nose scalp etc I only started the cream last night.