Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Periods have stopped on Femoston?  (Read 2032 times)

JenniesCat

Periods have stopped on Femoston?
« on: August 06, 2020, 05:45:50 AM »

Started on HRT two months ago. Dr put me on Femoston cyclical 1/10 for peri symptoms, was mostly still having regular periods every 26/28 days before taking the tabs, with the occasional delay here or there, but since taking the tabs I’ve skipped altogether, now day 54 with no period  :-\
Is this usual? I have been feeling much better mood wise and energy levels too, but now feeling low as my cycle seems to have disappeared altogether!

Also as I am fairly new to HRT. I don’t know if I want to continue with tabs? It seems that many women prefer gels and natural progesterone tablet (utrogestan) being the safest route?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.  :)

7dwarfs

Re: Periods have stopped on Femoston?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 11:11:06 AM »

It could just be your body getting used to the HRT?, I was told when I first started on femoston to give it 3 months and see how I feel. I was quite irregular before I started with periods every 3-5 weeks sometimes very heavy, other times very light. My periods became much shorter and lighter with the first cycle which was great but the 1/10 didn’t quite cut it mood wise for me so after 3 months I went onto 2/10.
Is your mood low due to the worry about not bleeding or are you generally feeling crappy all the time? I know some ladies don’t tolerate the same types of hrt or the dose may not be quite right for you. I have issues with progesterone, I couldn’t tolerate the mini pill at all and in the past have had horrible mood swings and low mood symptoms but find femoston is quite gentle for me.
I’m currently off my HRT having just had a hysteroscopy to investigate for heavy bleeding as it started with a vengeance earlier this year but before finishing I actually went six weeks without a bleed after having them every 2/3 weeks. My Hormones are still miss-behaving after a year on the stuff so please try not to worry. .

JenniesCat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 11:44:29 AM »

I am kind of hoping it is just a glitch and my body getting used to it as you say...
My mood has definitely been better even just on 1/10 Tabs. I felt great for the first 6/7 weeks, but now in week 8 of the tabs and no bleed....beginning to feel fed up. Don’t know if the tablets have stopped the bleeding, or if I would have skipped a period anyway? There doesn’t seem to be any ‘normal’. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to pin a mood on the fact that you are due on but as my cycle has gone way off course now there’s no way of knowing!

Sorry to hear about your heavy bleeding  :( Do you mean that you had heavy bleeding whilst on Femoston? I agree that it is a very gentle HRT! I haven’t really had problems with it so far, apart from the skipping of bleeds! Is everything settling down a bit for you now? I had heavy bleeds pre HRT. Another reason why I went on it. It’s one extreme to the other isn’t it?!

I would be interested to know if anyone prefers transdermal HRT over tabs too.

Thank you, and yes should try not to worry!

7dwarfs

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »

I am kind of hoping it is just a glitch and my body getting used to it as you say...
My mood has definitely been better even just on 1/10 Tabs. I felt great for the first 6/7 weeks, but now in week 8 of the tabs and no bleed....beginning to feel fed up. Don’t know if the tablets have stopped the bleeding, or if I would have skipped a period anyway? There doesn’t seem to be any ‘normal’. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to pin a mood on the fact that you are due on but as my cycle has gone way off course now there’s no way of knowing!

Sorry to hear about your heavy bleeding  :( Do you mean that you had heavy bleeding whilst on Femoston? I agree that it is a very gentle HRT! I haven’t really had problems with it so far, apart from the skipping of bleeds! Is everything settling down a bit for you now? I had heavy bleeds pre HRT. Another reason why I went on it. It’s one extreme to the other isn’t it?!

I would be interested to know if anyone prefers transdermal HRT over tabs too.

Thank you, and yes should try not to worry!

When I started femoston my bleeding improved a lot . Unfortunately I’ve developed fibroids and my womb lining was showing as thickened but this can be normal during peri . Had my hysteroscopy yesterday and the gynaecologist says everything looks healthy and she isn’t concerned, she says I can continue to manage the heavy bleeding with transamic acid and hopefully the fibroids won’t get any worse as surgical intervention isn’t an option atm due to Covid. So once I’ve got my biopsy results back which I’m confident will be ok I can get back on the HRT.
I just have to accept for now that I feel 3 months pregnant due to the bloating and discomfort the fibroids cause which isn’t ideal but there’s no reason for me to stop my HRT . I’ll ask my GP about keeping an eye on the situation next week when I call.
I can’t use patches btw as I’m allergic to all things sticky which is why I ended up using femoston , but it works for me and I’ve no plans to change. I’ve been advised to have a coil but due to my sensitivity to progesterone it’s a no for me.
I’m 47 so need the HRT protection as well as to ease my symptoms. Having had issues with hormones and periods  since being 12 I wish tbh I could have a hysterectomy now as I am so over needing a womb! Being a woman simply sucks sometimes...

JenniesCat

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »

That’s great that all ok and you can ultimately manage the heavy bleeds now. Ive has bouts of bloated ness too it does makes you feel rough. Do you know what caused the fibroids, presuming not the HRT as you can start it again now? I also didn’t opt for the coil after thinking it through, I know friends who have them and swear by them but for others it made them feel terrible  :-\
Not for me either. Dr wants to keep me on Femoston tabs for a year, but I’ve got it in my mind to try the gel and natural progesterone tablet because Ive heard it is the safest way of taking it, when I asked my GP he kind of said it doesn’t make much difference, (femoston low dose anyway) but it would be good to know a bit more.

Sue mamma

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 10:19:41 PM »

I've been on same Femoston for years and it stopped my bleeding. Although it says you will have a bleed I've only had a few, maybe when a build up. I've found it to be a great HRT and no bleed.

JenniesCat

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 06:45:17 AM »

I've been on same Femoston for years and it stopped my bleeding. Although it says you will have a bleed I've only had a few, maybe when a build up. I've found it to be a great HRT and no bleed.

So glad to hear it’s been brilliant for you  :)  and from what you say the lack of bleeds now don’t worry you!! I know it sounds funny being worked up about not bleeding! It’s prob a good thing, I’m jut not used to it maybe. Do you know anything about HRT via Oestrogen gel and natural progesterone tablet? I am not thinking of switching just yet but I know many women prefer.  :)

JenniesCat

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 07:03:54 AM »

Ps Forget to ask if you know why Femoston stops the bleeds? Kind of interested in the biological side to it. You would think with hormones being replaced it would regulate cycles not stop them. No worries at all if you don’t know, someone might!  ;)

7dwarfs

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 03:24:10 PM »

That’s great that all ok and you can ultimately manage the heavy bleeds now. Ive has bouts of bloated ness too it does makes you feel rough. Do you know what caused the fibroids, presuming not the HRT as you can start it again now? I also didn’t opt for the coil after thinking it through, I know friends who have them and swear by them but for others it made them feel terrible  :-\
Not for me either. Dr wants to keep me on Femoston tabs for a year, but I’ve got it in my mind to try the gel and natural progesterone tablet because Ive heard it is the safest way of taking it, when I asked my GP he kind of said it doesn’t make much difference, (femoston low dose anyway) but it would be good to know a bit more.

I don’t know what caused the fibroids but  know I was clear 2 years ago when I had a scan including transvaginal ultrasound. I think they can have growth spurts from what I’ve read but as I’ve been told it’s fine for me to continue on HRT I’m not too worried that’s the cause. The gynaecologist wasn’t concerned on Wednesday but did push the idea of a a coil. After reading the leaflet she gave me I am even more sure I have every reason not to have it! I’m sensitive to levonorgestrel, get Hormonal migraines and am not willing to loose my libido which I’ve managed to get back with femoston.
I’m not sure drs are that willing to admit that different types of the same hormones affect us all differently and what is great for one person is a nightmare for others. They seem to have a one size fits all approach, but I know my body and how it reacts so I’ll stick to femoston for now😉

JenniesCat

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 08:19:14 PM »

So good to hear Femo has been fab for you!
If you feel instinctively the coil isn’t for you I think that’s a good guide. I have the same feeling too so it wouldn’t be for me.