Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston Conti- advice please  (Read 877 times)

Sue mamma

• First Flush
Femoston Conti- advice please
« on: August 05, 2020, 08:09:08 PM »

Hi, my doctor has recommended that I change my HRT from Femoston 1/10 cyclical to the continuous type Femodton Conti (0.5/ 2.5).

Has anybody got or had experience of this, what changes should I expect, if any?
I'm 56 and been on the other one since my premature menopause  at 45 and am so scared to try this not knowing what to expect. Doctor recommends it if considering coming off HRT.... IM just so nervous with not knowing 
Can anyone offer any help  :-\ :o

Hurdity

Re: Femoston Conti- advice please
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 07:07:40 AM »

Hi Sue Mamma

The equivalent continuous type HRT to the one you are currently taking is Femoston 1/5. The one the doc has suggested is half the oestrogen dose - the ultra-low dose, and at your young age there is no need to reduce. That would be a major change and I really would not do this unless there is a sound medical reason why the doc has suggested you reduce oestrogen.

If you stick with the 1 mg oestrogen dose then depending how you feel on the progesterone part of the tablets ( the  combi tabs in the second half of the pack) you may or may not experience more ongoing side effects as the continuous progestogen builds up, but the biggest change is if you are having a monthly withddrawal bleed on the 1/10, this should stop, after an initial few weeks or months of potnentially a bit of erratic bleeding or spotting.

Don't be nervous but in your position I would go back to your doc and ask for 1/5. In the meantime if you already have the prescription and have cashed it in, then you could start off my taking 2 tablets giving you the same oestrogen dose as you are taking now and the same progestogen dose as the 1/5.

Hope this helps. Good luck and do report back. :)

Hurdity x