Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Allergy and tinnitus  (Read 764 times)

Felix

Allergy and tinnitus
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:28:02 PM »

Hello,

I'm 57 and  came off Evoril Conti last summer as  it was causing me a lot of joint pain and strange taste in my mouth. Previously Evoril Sequi had been fine.

My menopause clinic recommended I try Estradiol  Gel and Utrogestan which I stated in April.

I currently take 2 tablets vaginally for 12 days per cycle and 2 pumps of Estradiol gel. I take the utrogestan for 12 days vaginally as when I previously tried 1 tablet orally per day it made me really unhappy and tired.

I seem to have developed tinnitus and allergies. My eyes are always itchy and sore.

My question is please: could this be linked to the HRT or is it likely this would have happened anyway?

I'm thinking of stopping HRT completely and seeing if this stops.

Any advice or experience of this would be gratefully received.

Felix

Re: Allergy and tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 01:39:31 PM »

Hi, Thank for your reply.

Yes the one thing I've learnt from this forum is how different we all are.

My joint pain, which was mainly in my hands and feet, stopped as soon as I stopped the Conti. It may have been a coincidence but I don't think so as now when I take my 2 tablets of Utrogestan my hands do start to feel a little thick (cardboardy) if that makes sense.
It's not as bad as when I took the conti.

it's more the itchy eyes that bother me and the tinnitus. I just wondered about other people experience as I think I might have to stop HRT to see if i can get rid of these.
Thanks
Felix