Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Reducing from full Evorel Conti patches to halves due to persistent bleeding  (Read 7740 times)

shrosphirelass

Katejo sounds similar response to the one I got, except to try provera rather than the coil if the half patches didn't work. I hope they do work for you and also don't increase other symptoms. Ive been bleed free for 10 days , but I'm not holding my breath. Lert us know how you get on and good luck.

Katejo

Katejo sounds similar response to the one I got, except to try provera rather than the coil if the half patches didn't work. I hope they do work for you and also don't increase other symptoms. Ive been bleed free for 10 days , but I'm not holding my breath. Lert us know how you get on and good luck.
What exactly is Provera ? Have heard the name but don't know anything about it. Applied 1st half patch yesterday. No bleed yet.

shrosphirelass

Its a progesterone in tablet form. SO would have to take it along side a oestrogen patch or gel. Apparently its supposed to be good at contolling bleeding but some people get unwanted side effects!

Katejo

Its a progesterone in tablet form. SO would have to take it along side a oestrogen patch or gel. Apparently its supposed to be good at contolling bleeding but some people get unwanted side effects!

OK thanks. The consultant avoided tablets with me because of other medication I take and possible interaction in the liver. I also wanted to avoid tablets.

Let's hope that the reduction to half patches works. Still no bleed so far.

Katejo

Re: Reducing from full Evorel Conti patches to halves due to persistent bleeding
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »

Hi Shropshirelass   Are you still bleed free now? I have been so far (almost 3 weeks so I need to wait a little longer to be sure).

Katejo

Uptick

Re: Reducing from full Evorel Conti patches to halves due to persistent bleeding
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 04:18:27 PM »

Hi Katejo, I've been digging into patches and gels before I decide which one I might end up with (have serious allergy and anaphylaxis issues) and Theramex has been very helpful replying to all my enquiries. They've sent me a letter advising NOT to cut Evorel patches, particularly the combo ones (with norethisterone), because the two hormones might not be equally distributed over the patch surface. Maybe this could explain why you've been bleeding for so long?

Uptick

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »

Hi FrannyB, I'm copying/pasting their reply, but I'm not sure I can do this on a public forum.

EvorelĀ® Conti (estradiol hemihydrate & norethisterone acetate) - Cutting the
Patch
The Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) is a more detailed document than
the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL), and is primarily written for healthcare
professionals.
The Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) for the Evorel range does not
make any recommendations about cutting the patch.
Evorel transdermal patches use a matrix system, which is translucent or transparent.
There is no guarantee that the hormones in the Evorel range transdermal patches
are distributed evenly throughout the patch.
Transdermal systems may be altered in both absorption and efficacy if patches are
cut, potentially putting a patient at risk.
In the absence of available efficacy and safety data, cutting of Evorel range patches
is outside the terms of the product licence, and any such use would be the
responsibility of the prescriber.
However, Doctors sometimes prescribe off-licence doses to those recommended on
the Patient Information Leaflet or Summary of Product Characteristics, as doctors
are able to make an informed decision based on your medical history. We would
therefore suggest that you discuss this matter further with your doctor.
REFERENCES
1. Evorel Conti SPC (October 2019)

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

Hi Katejo, I've been digging into patches and gels before I decide which one I might end up with (have serious allergy and anaphylaxis issues) and Theramex has been very helpful replying to all my enquiries. They've sent me a letter advising NOT to cut Evorel patches, particularly the combo ones (with norethisterone), because the two hormones might not be equally distributed over the patch surface. Maybe this could explain why you've been bleeding for so long?
I doubt it. I was only on half patches for a couple of months at the start. No bleeding until I was on full patches. I was specifically prescribed half patches by an NHS meno clinic not a GP.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2020, 07:56:18 PM »

I was also advised to sct in half by the menopause clinic. Katejo I have had very slight spotting, hardly anything so an improvement. Long may it last for us both!

robotwars

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »

can i just ask is this the conti patches your cutting in half...... just wondering if that would work for me, as given up on sequi and now trying conti again!!!!
I have managed to get a telephone call with GP at the end of the week so just need to decide what to ask for!!!!!! whether to stick with conti or try gel and ultro again but ultro last time upset my stomach taking orally........ dont want to take pills if i can help it prefer transdermal..... its a pity there is no stock of an alternative conti patch.....

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 01:27:52 AM »

can i just ask is this the conti patches your cutting in half...... just wondering if that would work for me, as given up on sequi and now trying conti again!!!!
I have managed to get a telephone call with GP at the end of the week so just need to decide what to ask for!!!!!! whether to stick with conti or try gel and ultro again but ultro last time upset my stomach taking orally........ dont want to take pills if i can help it prefer transdermal..... its a pity there is no stock of an alternative conti patch.....
Yes it is.

Uptick

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 04:27:39 PM »

I see you've been cutting Evorel patches under your doctor's supervision, but I don't think doctors know better than manufacturers and scientists. There are many different types of matrix patches, as you can see on the world's leader transdermal therapeutic systems manufacturer, LTS Lohmann, which by the way was the original manufacturer of Evorel patches.

https://ltslohmann.de/en/technology/transdermal-therapeutic-systems/

Katejo

I was also advised to sct in half by the menopause clinic. Katejo I have had very slight spotting, hardly anything so an improvement. Long may it last for us both!

Hi Shropshire Lass

Just a quick update here: After doing half patches for about 2 months (up to approx early October), I cautiously moved back to full patches as a test. I haven't had any bleeding so far. How are you getting on?

shrosphirelass

Hi Katejo, I was wondering how you were getting on. I have been bleeding for the last two weeks and its getting quite heavy and I'm generally feeling pretty rubbish (headachey, stomach problems and nausea so I don't know if my natural hormones are kicking in). I had a scan a few weeks ago and the lining was 4mm but they thought there may be a polyps but weren't sure without a hysteroscopy. I negotiated a wait and see appraoch given Covid and have a scan booked for 6 months. If things haven't improved I guess Ill have to have the hysteroscopy and biopsy under GA. I am a bit worried about the bleeding and am concerned I'll get anemic again. How were you symptom wise when you had the half patches?

robotwars

well i stopped the patches for a month but VA was awful, so stuck them back on thought i was doing great as went from 6th Aug to end Oct no bleeding but now been on for two weeks!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3