Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling really low  (Read 1298 times)

chipmurray1

Feeling really low
« on: August 08, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »

I am feeling so low that I went to A-E yesterday morning they did say nothing they could do. I have aslso been on the telephone and to visit the gp most days i had an ultra sound 5 weeks ago due to post menapausal bleeding I stopped hrt suddenly after thi and the bleesding stopped. I had a gastroscope the same week all okay I have acid reflux and a small hiatis hernia. I have been so anxiuos for the last 6 weeks while going through this I have lost weight as I am not eating well. I am now convinced I have bowel cancer and terrified I wil need to go for a colonoscopy and how painfull this will , as i had a tiny bit of blood in my poo after my scope g.p said this is not needed and did check my stomach over on Thursday .  I had a bowel screening test in Feb and allokay I wake most nights with rumbbling on my left side and really think something is wrong  . I spoke to the pharmasist today as every time I call the g.p the give me more medication.. pepermint oil, peptic, and have said I need to take my propranalol 2 x3 times daily I also take mirtazapine so it was all a bit of a mess ... everyone keeps telling me everything is fine and I need to try and help myself and do things rather than just think about my health , this is all I seem to be able to do. I am in tears all the time , I really need to helpmyself but struggling with this  I dread going to sleepand night as I know i will wake up with the rummbling pain. I have needed to take time of work too

Evie606

Re: Feeling really low
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 12:46:38 PM »

Hi there,

So sorry you’re feeling so bad, do you have another gp in your practice that you can try that may be more sympathetic to all that you’re dealing with?

{hug}

chipmurray1

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »

I think the thing is I have been on the telephone everday for about 3 weeks and I have spoken to all the doctors in the practice x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »

If any of the GPs thought that you have anything serious, you would have been asked to attend the Surgery.  Which bit of advice don't you believe?

What sent you to A&E?

What's the worst that could happen?   Do you take the medication already prescribed regularly?  Which dose of Propranolol?  These meds don't work immediately, the body/brain need to adjust slowly.    It takes a while to benefit from medication uptake.

What do you want to happen?

chipmurray1

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 04:03:53 PM »

I just felt really anxious and wanted the feeling to stop, i have proranalol to take normally as required, gp has asked me to take 2 x10mg three times a day everday to see how I feel. I would just like to feel betterand not wake up everynight with the gurrling on my left side but as you say things will take time .

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 05:24:24 PM »

'as required' is not the way that propranolol is usually administered  ::).  I used to take a tablet at night to stop the early morning anxiety surges and the medication certainly helped.

Give it a go ;-) and let us know how you get on.  I too wanted to feel well, yesterday - I missed the patience gene somewhere along the line.

R U able to explain 'gurrling' ?  Where abouts on the left?

chipmurray1

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »

Thanks CLKD , I am going to take as g.p said and see how it goes. gurggling far around on left hand side sometimes only low down sometimes up into ribs .... do you think it could be hormonal due to topping hrt

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »

Wind?  Do you press your abdomen around the belly button in an anti-clockwise movement?  It can work wonders ;-)

chipmurray1

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 06:32:34 PM »

I need to try that,juat need to watch hernia above my belly button

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 05:39:48 AM »

I need to try that,juat need to watc h hernia above my belly button

Sorry you are feeling so anxious. What type of hernia do you have?

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 07:53:54 AM »

Tnx. sparkle ............

:-[

chipmurray1

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »

I have hiatus hernia and umbilcal hernia, im not sure if it wind it further over on the lefthand side, been awake since 4.00, woke up feeling sick tummy rummbling , took omperzole had something to eat and drink and after a while things felt a bit better.