Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Coping with symptoms  (Read 908 times)

LAO

• First Flush
Coping with symptoms
« on: August 04, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »

Hi. Looking for some advice please. Recently had TAH both ovaries removed, wasn’t planned, turned out to be stage 4 endometriosis. After discharged 2 days home and c diff arrived. I’m 7 weeks post op, just finished oral vancomycin after 4 weeks of metronidazole, fingers crossed it’s gone. Have symptoms of hot sweats more so at night and hair loss. Spoke with GP, can’t do hrt for 12 months asked about alternative remedies like evening primrose or something else but gp couldn’t agree due to c diff. Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated, Thanks 🙏🏻

Taz2

Re: Coping with symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »

Hi LAO - what an experience for you! I'm so sorry you ended up with C.Dif but pleased that, fingers crossed, it has now gone.

Were you given an emergency hysterectomy and TAH or were you given advice beforehand re the likely effects of surgical menopause? It must be a shock to have your body plunged into menopause as well as coping with C.Dif.

Have you had a look at Endometriosis UK for any advice? The prescribing of HRT after a hysterectomy due to endometriosis is quite complicated and depends on whether you have endometriosis on other organs. I'm not sure why you have to wait a year though.https://www.endometriosis-uk.org/endometriosis-faqs#:~:text=Women%20have%20taken%20HRT%20and,side%20effects%20of%20the%20drug.

Have a look at the info under this section https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php if you haven't found it already. You will get lots of help and support on here so if you have any further questions just ask and someone will be along to advise or just send a virtual hug if they don't know the answer.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

LAO

• First Flush
Re: Coping with symptoms
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »

Thank you so much, I will look at both of these suggestions. It was an emergency of a sort. Was taken to A&E with sever abdo pain, found large ovarian cyst, couldn’t operate there and then as had Covid-19 and pneumonia 🙄 2 weeks later rescan and cyst had grown a lot and ca125 very high, 14 days later and negative COVID-19 test, frozen section showed benign ovary and further tests from bowel and fatty tissue also benign and no sign of cancer or pre cancer (phew).
All a bit of a whirlwind, unfortunately nobody explained anything about menopause after. Thank you again for your advice, so appreciated, virtual hug back at you x