Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tears of Relief...  (Read 1137 times)

BlueWaterBaby

• First Flush
Tears of Relief...
« on: August 03, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

I found myself up way too early yesterday morning. I'd been woken yet again by a very weird sensation. I actually reached under my bed and unplugged the bed frame, because I thought maybe, just maybe, that feeling was coming from the electronic controls that we don't use (to raise and lower head/feet or massage) I knew that wasn't it, I'd experienced the feeling in other beds that had no such electronics.

I got up and conferred with Dr.Google, of course I was diagnosing myself as having Parkinson's, M.S., cancerous tumors, Lyme's disease, and even brain eating Amoebas. ( I wasn't really diagnosing myself but the list WAS scary)

While still conferring with the internet about my symptoms, I stumbled across a post on this forum from a couplafew years ago where there were pages of this exact "internal buzzing" feeling was being discussed. I literally burst into tears. Not because I actually thought I had the afore mentioned diseases, but because it just clicked, that this "inner vibration" is another indication of being perimenopausal. It was just such a relief to read! I spent hours pouring over the website and devouring the information. While I realize not every weird thing that goes on in this 48.5yr old female body can be chalked up to menopause, it sure felt good to be reading stories from women I could relate to. Thank you all for sharing your stories!

HI! I think I will be sticking around for a while. My name is BlueWaterBaby and I am a perimenopausal mess! I'm 48 years old and married to my second husband for almost 4 years. I work from home for my husband's business. We are empty nesters. Between us we have four kids in their 20s.  I am originally from Canada but moved to the US to be with him in 2016. My mum and two grown children are still in western Canada and I'm in Florida thousands of km/miles away. That wasn't such a big deal until they closed the border because of Covid19. Now I feel horribly disconnected and distanced from my family and that is not helping my emotional upheavals. I last saw them in January and don't know when I will next be able to visit in person. It might not be until next year. Ouch.

"Lucky" me seems to be experiencing some of the lesser known symptoms of menopause.The weird "buzzing" thing, nausea, and as I learned yesterday reading here, even my itchy ear canal could possibly be hormonal. Who knew!? The ear thing has been driving me nuts for about 2 years, which is about when the hot flashes and night sweats started, as well as this weird "vibrating nerves" thing, although all have been gradually increasing in frequency and intensity over time. I still get my period but it is no longer regular, and is very heavy when it shows up every 5 to 7 weeks. I can't do much of anything for the first few days. It's awful. I get cramps during the month when I shouldn't be, occasional light spotting and also seem to be ovulating twice between bleeds. Some anxiety has been flaring up and it makes me very uncomfortable because it is reminiscent of the anxiety disorder I developed while still living with my alcoholic ex husband 8-ish years ago.

I do not have an OBY/GN but have been discussing all these things with my GP/PC doctor. During my first mammogram last year he had the imaging place also run a bone density scan on me and I still have good healthy bones. At least SOMETHING is working in my favor. All my recent blood test results were in good order. Despite being active and having a healthy BMI I have developed hypertension in the last couple years and I'm on medication for that.

So that's my story in a rather large nutshell. If you got this far, thanks for listening to me blather. Just so glad to have found this place! I wont be posting a lot but I'll be reading my eyes raw. Thanks again to all who post. The insight and acknowledgement is wonderful, but I think the camaraderie and knowing we aren't alone is most valuable. 

jaypo

Re: Tears of Relief...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »

Hi there,glad we could be of help,forget dr Google,you'll be dead in 6 months   ;D the symptoms are endless,I've had the buzzing feeling too,itchy ears and still suffering the hot flushes plus the anxiety and without this site I'd be lost,so please do keep in touch,look up the funny side of menopause and things we have diagnosed ourselves with,it will give you a laugh.
Hope you see your family soon x
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 07:35:33 AM by jaypo »

marge

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 08:13:34 PM »

The internal buzzing will pass. I had it too. Terrifying, until my very patient hubby dragged me kicking and screaming to a GP who told me it was anxiety and the menopause. Like you, l had self diagnosed all sorts of nasties. Relief was enormous!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 07:34:42 AM »

Welcome to you !  seems your symptoms are within normal limits for peri-menopause  ;)

Browse round.  Make notes.  Nowt is taboo or too much info..

Some find it useful to keep a mood/food/syptom diary to chart progress.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:20:43 AM »

Hello BlueWaterBaby and welcome to the forum.

You are certainly not alone and now you have joined the forum the lovely ladies will be happy to support you.

I have also had the internal buzzing. My trusty meno book describes a subtle fluttering but there was nothing subtle about the sensations I had. The best description I came across was from someone on this site who said she felt as if  she'd swallowed a large mobile phone (cell phone is the translation lol) which was stuck on vibrate.
Although I still get the feelings occasionally  they are milder than they were so there is hope!

Good to have you with us and take care.

K.