Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just checking its ok to take Ashwagandha with my oestrogen and progesterone  (Read 17047 times)

Dandelion

Just checking its ok to take Ashwagandha with my oestrogen and progesterone.
Pharmacist didnt have any info on Ashwagandha
I just got some really good stuff, recommended by a friend who is not on hrt.
I'm sick of anxiety, sweats and insomnia.
Increasing oestrogen is out of the question as Im post meno and bleed more.
I did a search on here and google before posting but couldn't find answer to my question.
Thanks

Alicess

Hi Dandelion,

I don't have any experience with Ashwangandha myself ( yet) but you can read more about interactions with hormones on this page

https://examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/

If you scroll down you will find  references/ research about estrogen and other hormones and Ashwangandha in more detail.

Alicess

Dandelion

Hi Dandelion,

I don't have any experience with Ashwangandha myself ( yet) but you can read more about interactions with hormones on this page

https://examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/

If you scroll down you will find  references/ research about estrogen and other hormones and Ashwangandha in more detail.
Pharmacist had info on its interaction with thyroid and advised me not to, I said I would take the risk.
I got an episode of acute anxiety but I have had these before, due to situational stress. thanks for link, hope it says it's ok to take with Oestrogen and Prog, insomnia ive been getting causes more symptoms, this stuff is supposed to be good for insomnia and anxiety.

Alicess
Thanks
Will read, I decided to take the risk and have a capsule with my lunch.
It mentions estradiol on overweight men, couldn't see progesterone.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:24:16 PM by Dandelion »

Alicess

Yes, Ashwangandha can worsen symptoms of hyperthyroid but if can improve hypothyroid. I think that's what your pharmacist is reffering to.

My dad, who has Alzheimer's, felt very anxious. He takes 300 mg Ashwangandha and it calmes him.

I hope it will work for you too.

Alicess

Dandelion

Yes, Ashwangandha can worsen symptoms of hyperthyroid but if can improve hypothyroid. I think that's what your pharmacist is reffering to.

My dad, who has Alzheimer's, felt very anxious. He takes 300 mg Ashwangandha and it calmes him.

I hope it will work for you too.

Alicess
Thank you x
I'd love it to calm me.
I read you need breaks, I'd love to stay hormonally and mentally stable during the breaks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:58:17 AM by Dandelion »

Taz2

Hi Dandelion. I don't know if you've seen this site but they mention HRT in the comments at the end of the article https://www.fushi.co.uk/healthy-lifestyle-news/ashwagandha-benefits-for-women/

Taz x  :)

Dandelion

Hi Dandelion. I don't know if you've seen this site but they mention HRT in the comments at the end of the article https://www.fushi.co.uk/healthy-lifestyle-news/ashwagandha-benefits-for-women/

Hi Taz
Thanks for the article.
I read this "Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)"
I rang the pharmacist, she couldn't find info on ashwaganhdfa and hrt but said Ashwagandha should not be taken with thyroid hormones and advised me not to take it as the hormone system is all linked.
I decided to take the risk. No bad effects so far but its only been two days since I started.
Hope to feel better from here on in.

Taz2

It does say here that if you are already been treated for thyroid problems then you should check with your GP first. I'm not sure whether you mean you have got thyroid imbalances?

Ashwagandha for a balanced hormones and thyroid
The thyroid gland is essential for the normal functioning of the body. It is an endocrine gland in the neck, just by the Adam’s Apple. It produces the essential T3 and T4 hormones which need to be balanced in order for all the cells in the body to work and perform as they should. The biology behind this is complicated, but basically an overactive thyroid will lead to problems associated with weight loss and mood, and an underactive thyroid will lead to weight gain and lethargy. There are very depleting conditions associated with both underactive and overactive thyroids too. In order to keep the thyroid working smoothly in a good rhythm Ashwagandha targets the endocrine system and helps regulate hormonal balance by preventing excessive hormone secretion. If suffering from established thyroid complaints then it is a good idea to discuss taking Ashwagandha with your GP first

Taz x

Dandelion

It does say here that if you are already been treated for thyroid problems then you should check with your GP first. I'm not sure whether you mean you have got thyroid imbalances?

Ashwagandha for a balanced hormones and thyroid
The thyroid gland is essential for the normal functioning of the body. It is an endocrine gland in the neck, just by the Adam’s Apple. It produces the essential T3 and T4 hormones which need to be balanced in order for all the cells in the body to work and perform as they should. The biology behind this is complicated, but basically an overactive thyroid will lead to problems associated with weight loss and mood, and an underactive thyroid will lead to weight gain and lethargy. There are very depleting conditions associated with both underactive and overactive thyroids too. In order to keep the thyroid working smoothly in a good rhythm Ashwagandha targets the endocrine system and helps regulate hormonal balance by preventing excessive hormone secretion. If suffering from established thyroid complaints then it is a good idea to discuss taking Ashwagandha with your GP first

Taz x
hi Taz
Sorry I wasn't clear.
I don't have thyroid problems.
The pharmacist could only find thyroid-ashwagandha contra-indications but no info on hrt-ashwagandha contra indications, however she advised me not to take it because all hormones are linked.
Hope that makes sense.
If I had thyroid issues and was on thyroid meds I wouldn't have taken it. Hope I took a good risk and not a bad risk given the pharmacists advice.

Taz2

My misunderstanding! Keep us informed of how you're feeling. I guess it takes a while to begin working.

Taz x :)

Dandelion

My misunderstanding! Keep us informed of how you're feeling. I guess it takes a while to begin working.

Taz x :)
That's fine, I appreciate you sending me the article. Will try to remember to keep you updated.

Taz2

:thankyou:

corianne

Hi Dandelion,
I've started taking it too  :) I bought a tea blend with Macha (sorry - spelling probably wrong there  ::)), but the taste was awful, so I am on the capsules now.
So far I would say there's been no adverse affects, but still early days with regards to the benefits (just over a week).
(I am on Sequi HRT and don't have any Thyroid issues, bloods have all come back okay, so I thought it was worth a try to help the Anxiety)
Would be interesting to see how you get on with it xx

Dandelion

Hi Dandelion,
I've started taking it too  :) I bought a tea blend with Macha (sorry - spelling probably wrong there  ::)), but the taste was awful, so I am on the capsules now.
So far I would say there's been no adverse affects, but still early days with regards to the benefits (just over a week).
(I am on Sequi HRT and don't have any Thyroid issues, bloods have all come back okay, so I thought it was worth a try to help the Anxiety)
Would be interesting to see how you get on with it xx
Hi
Thanks for posting, it would be good to know how you get on with it. I can send you a video on YouTube about it if you like, as it only works for a limited time, but I micro cycle it, so it works indefinitely, the guy on the vid knows his stuff.
Pages: [1] 2