Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti experiences  (Read 21382 times)

Mintea

Evorel Conti experiences
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:31:24 AM »

I have just started on Evorel Conti today. Has anyone got any positive experiences go share? I am only on half a patch to start with. I tried utrogestan and estrogel but had heavy bleeding so my menopause doctor has suggested this. I am only starting on half a patch at the.moment. I am a bit concerned about it having a synthetic hormone.

shrosphirelass

Re: Evorel Conti experiences
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

I started evorel conti 5 months ago after being on evorel sequi for 18 months. I am feeling much better since I started using it. I have dreadful headaches and these have almost stopped. I am also sleeping better. I have had issues with bleeding though, pretty well constant,finll y stopped now, for now at least, but apparently this can occur whilst your body is getting used to it.

Mintea

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »

How long did it take for you to start feeling better?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »

My headaches improved quite quickly but it did coincide with doing neck exercises, so not sure which had the greatest impact. Bear in mind I was already on HRT. When I first started HRT I started on half a patch for some months and I did feel a bit better after a short while but was much better when I built up to the full patch. Initially my headaches got worse and I felt a bit sick but I think that was getting used to it.

Mintea

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 12:19:18 PM »

Thanks Shropshire lass.  Its only my second day and I'm already feeling slightly nauseous and tireder than normal. Hope I'm not going to be one of those women who can't tolerate progesterone :-\

Treehouse1

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 01:15:11 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling nauseous. I too am debating whether to try evorel conti. As well as not tolerating progesterone well, i am worried it might increase anxiety.
I have been told on here you can cut the patches to introduce it more slowly, i dont kniw if thats something you have considered?
 Anyway. Good luck 👍

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »

Treehouse1 I started on evorel sequi and the menopause clinic advised starting on half a patch and building up. I found that I was more nauseous after a change of patch but this settled after a few weeks. Regarding anxiety my husband reports that my mental health has been much better than pre HRT! Generally I have felt less anxious and positive.

Mintea

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »

Treehouse 1, I'm on half a patch at the moment.  It must be really powerful stuff as I started feeling the effects almost  straightaway! it only looks like a bit of sellotape.

Katejo

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 04:28:31 PM »

Treehouse 1, I'm on half a patch at the moment.  It must be really powerful stuff as I started feeling the effects almost  straightaway! it only looks like a bit of sellotape.
  I noticed nothing on half patches (benefits or side effects).

Mintea

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 06:27:03 PM »

Katejo, I am surprised that I do but tend to be really sensitive to a lot of things. I thought I could be imagining it but dont think so as I dont normally feel nauseous!

Treehouse1

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »

I might give it a go if i am feeling brave today.....maybe a quarter patch to be on the safe side!?

My problem is i dont get flushes much in the day now . I came off hrt at 50 after 10 years on it. For the first 4 years off it i was having about 20/30 a day. I am now 6 years out, but my problem is i get massive adrenaline surges which wake me up 5 times a night, vulvodynia (i have local oestrogen for that) and anxiety ...which may or may not be related to menopause.

If i could knock out a couple of problems i would be delighted.
There again, when its time to come off them, i dont want to go back to square 1 as it was murder!

Treehouse1

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 08:57:54 AM »

Update...i have taken a walk on the wild side and slapped a quarter of a patch on! Oh the couage...i will be bungee jumping next!

Mintea

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »

Well done Treehouse - it's a bit fiddly though cutting them up dont you think?

Treehouse1

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »

Yes, defo tricky cutting. I can report though, i have a bit of a headache emerging. Cant remember the last time i had one, so suspect this is the progesterone ‘working its magic!’. Pleased i just had a quarter patch.!

jag2107

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 09:43:05 AM »

Hi I’m interested how you have got on switching to the everol conti . Just about to due this , switching from gel and tablets because of heavy bleeding on that regime