Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem - nausea?  (Read 922 times)

Greengage

• First Flush
Vagifem - nausea?
« on: August 26, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »

Hi
Has anyone else experienced nausea when they started using Vagifem? I was prescribed 10mg tablet pessary things and after 5 days in the initial 'loading' period I started feeling nausea. Never do normally.

I contacted a pharmacist who suggested using a tablet every other day for the first 2 weeks rather than every day. I'm just about to start doing that. She also said that such side effects tend to settle. I'm hoping they will!

Has anyone else felt nausea? And it did it go away as you kept using the tablets?

Thanks 

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Vagifem - nausea?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »

Yes nausea is a relatively common side effect but does go within a few weeks.  I would use EVERY NIGHT 2 week loading.  I use Vagifem every second night but initially used every day for approx. 6 mos.  Vagifem takes a very long time to work.  Good luck and keep us posted.

jaypo

Re: Vagifem - nausea?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 05:19:16 PM »

Hi there,although a very low dose,it can still cause side effects,nausea being one of them, I also suffered reflux and anxiety but it should settle if you can keep going,you do need the loading up period unfortunately then you can ease off,good luck