Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help! Oestrogen or Reaction to Utro?  (Read 824 times)

Evie606

Help! Oestrogen or Reaction to Utro?
« on: August 02, 2020, 10:49:36 AM »

Hi again,
Having a weird month to say the least!
Extreme breast pain on Utro this month and combined with other intolerance my gp has now switched me to Everol Conti and I start it on Wednesday (Day 15).
My question is, the fatigue and sore breasts have continued despite being in my Oestrogel phase (2 pumps) and I have started feeling a bit unwell and flushes/heart rate spikes have started again. Is this a continued reaction to Utro, drop in Oestrogen or something else?
I was peri menopausal when I started HRT in March ‘19. I’m 51.
Thanks  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help! Oestrogen or Reaction to Utro?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 11:32:51 AM »

:bighug:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 01:00:24 PM »

As you're peri rather than meno (1 year without a bleed) you should be on a sequi regime not conti. Was gel/utro sequi or conti? Have you tried utro vaginally? I get breast pain on the progesterone phase, pre hrt too, so for me progesterone is the cause not the brand of hrt. When did you last have a bleed and did it go or lessen after it? Flushes will be lack of oestrogen. You may find you absorb differently with a different product so you may need to alter the dose.

Evie606

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »

Evie606

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 02:11:39 PM »

As you're peri rather than meno (1 year without a bleed) you should be on a sequi regime not conti. Was gel/utro sequi or conti? Have you tried utro vaginally? I get breast pain on the progesterone phase, pre hrt too, so for me progesterone is the cause not the brand of hrt. When did you last have a bleed and did it go or lessen after it? Flushes will be lack of oestrogen. You may find you absorb differently with a different product so you may need to alter the dose.

Hi Sheila99,

My gp has said as I’m over 50 & I’ve been on HRT for more than a year then it’s ok to try Conti.
I’ve been struggling with some progesterones but Utro both orally and vaginally was particularly bad, as I said I had other intolerance symptoms too but this was off the chart bad reaction this month.
I’ve had my bleed this month and no the pain lessened somewhat but never really went as it would normally do.
I suspected it was perhaps a drop in Oestrogen was causing my further symptoms but as it’s never happened before whilst I’ve been on HRT, I wasn’t sure.
Thanks for your answer.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 03:18:54 PM »

Ovaries can keep producing small amounts of oestrogen for years.  Enough to be noticeable.