Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Femonston Conti  (Read 905 times)

Nairn

Bleeding on Femonston Conti
« on: August 18, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

Hi,

Has anyone had on ongoing bleeding with Femonston conti - after a really rotten time over the past 2 years trying lots of different preparations I was put on to conti due to having a thickened lining and horrible symptoms. Biopsy was negative.  Blood tests showed I was menopausal with little or no oestrogen present, I’m 53.  I am super sensitive to progesterone so the utro/gel combo did not work.  I’ve now been on conti for 6 months and still getting a bleed, and all the symptoms of PMT monthly  - was very heavy at the start of the new medication (poss lining shedding?)  it’s now getting much less but my lovely meno consultant has suggested switching to patches to see if that stops the bleeding - I’m reluctant to try yet another HRT and I may not be able to stay on them due to supply issues.  I have severe dryness so still using daily vagifem and yes WB. Overall the conti has been OK apart from this issue and a bit of water retention.

Any thoughts appreciated as if the bleeding continues I will need another scan and biopsy which I’m hoping to avoid. The lovely ladies in this forum were so helpful last year and grateful of any shared insights.

Thanks

DebsMK

Re: Bleeding on Femonston Conti
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »

Hi Nairn
I can't help, but I have exactly the same story except I changed from Femoston Sequi 1/10 to Conti.  I also had a hysteroscopy because of a thickened womb lining and was then moved to Conti.  My bleeding is not heavy but it is present mildly a lot of the time, I guess it's more spotting but that sounds too light!  I am 59 and also use Ovestin.  I will be interested to see if anyone has any advice.

shrosphirelass

Re: Bleeding on Femonston Conti
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

I have had lots of bleeding with evorel conti having switched 6 months ago, from sequi where I had a regular bleed. The bleeding is mostly light or spotting, but I had 3 days of flooding causing anemia. I have been bleed free for 10 days now so hoping it has finally settled as they say to give it 6 months to settle. The menopause clinic said if the bleeding continued I could either reduce the dose so have less oestrogen, which should reduce the beeding (half a patch) but may not be enough for symptom control. Alternatively they suggested that Provera was the most effective drug for controlling bleeding (progesterone part) but has a higher degree of side effects. So in effect there's no great solution. Wishing you both well.