News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Boobs  (Read 1099 times)

Holymoley

• First Flush
Boobs
« on: July 31, 2020, 08:00:37 AM »

Hi i think i may be in perimenopause or menopause..im not sure. I havent had a period for months but dont have any other symptoms except my boobs!!
I've always been large chested at about a dd but over the last few months my they have become huge!! It's quite distressing as nothing fits and I look odd and really top heavy. I wear a decent bra but some days I'm even spilling over the top of these.  Any suggestions please..I'm even considering a breast reduction but I know this is quite drastic and I'd like to look at other alternatives 1st.
Many thanks xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Boobs
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 08:40:08 AM »

Morning!  A breast reduction can be offered if breasts become too large which can endanger the wearer ;-). 

Hormones can impact too!  Also do make sure that you have been fitted correctly, apparently 85% of ladies are wearing an incorrect bra size  :o.  Having said that, a few years ago I went into two lingerie shops and was given two different measurements .........  >:(

It's less about the breast but more about the back and how straps fit on the shoulders. 

Peri-menopause is the years leading up to the final period.  The Change can throw up some problems .  Menopause literally means last monthly period but we don't know until we've been bleed free for at least 12 months!  Mine waxed and waned for several years. 

:welcomemm:

Holymoley

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply!!
I've been fitted for a good bra and it fits well but it's just the sheer size of them!!
I'm struggling to cope with the weight of them, the fact that it looks like I have a shelf on my chest..I feel so matronly now. I like to wear quite trendy clothing but I look ridiculous now.  I could cry when I look at them
I've been looking into various supplements and creams that claim to reduce breast size but I'm not sure what to do...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 11:13:32 AM »

Perhaps keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress. 

Do you exercise, could it be muscle mass?  R they sore?

Evie606

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 12:51:27 PM »

Hi Holymoley,

I can totally empathise with you as I’ve always had a small frame with a large chest and since peri menopause began they have gone up 3 sizes whereas my back (30-32) has stayed the same. I lost 10lbs but nada came off the bust.  :o
I’ve recently switched from underwire to non-underwire, buying from the maternity/surgery wear section. I know what you mean about the sheer size being a pain.
I wish I could offer some remedies but I really don’t know if they will reduce in size again. Hopefully someone here will have some experience of before and after. Xx

jennyr265

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 07:20:11 AM »

I feel your pain! I had a breast reduction about 8 years ago as my boobs were huge - small frame and back size of 30 and I was totally fed up with them. I was delighted with the result.
But after 3 months on patches they have increased in size, my left boob in particular. I was always very asymmetrical. So my plan is to wait until next year when I have, hopefully, been on the patches for a year and then, if necessary, have another reduction.
My breasts increased massively after I had children and no amount of exercise reduced their size at all. I came to the conclusion that they wouldn't get smaller on their own.
It's depressing but the patches have helped  me a lot and after trying the gel and Elleste Solo with no success and 5 years of menopausal symptoms I'm going to put up with the larger boobs for the moment as a trade off!