Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Extended bleed  (Read 668 times)

pricey

Extended bleed
« on: July 30, 2020, 06:37:56 AM »

Hi ladies,

As discussed in my earlier post, I've decided to wean off HRT. This month I had my withdrawal bleed, quickly followed by my own cycle kicking in (as is the case some months - premenstrual migraine, sore breasts, etc) - I then cut my Oestrogel from one pump to half and the bleed has continued,  presumably from oestrogen reduction (has happened when I've reduced the dose before). So I'm over 3 weeks now and I'm thinking of just stopping this half a pump or I'm going to go through this again shortly. I'm working full time in a stressful job and feel absolutely drained. I've upped my iron intake to help to compensate.

Any advice appreciated.

X

Hurdity

Re: Extended bleed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 08:16:46 AM »

Hi pricey - sorry to hear you are struggling. It is tricky to know what to suggest and I presume you are peri-menopausal ( sorry can't remember your story) as you mention your own cycle. I do hope it settles for you. I don't know your age but see how it goes once you've stopped and what your natural cycle is doing before deciding what to do? If you're under 50 then maybe the COC pill might be an idea, to control the cycle and bleeding?

Hurdity x