Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Wrong HRT prescribed  (Read 997 times)

Soose28

• First Flush
Wrong HRT prescribed
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »

Hi all

This is my first post, so be kind  ;)

I am 54 years old and seem to have been perimenopausal forEVER.   I have previously been prescribed combination HRT, but due to having fibroids these just made my bleeds really heavy and painful.  Having to change super tampons and towels every hour.  Therefore I returned to my GP who prescribed Femoston-conti 1mg.  Initially these seemed to work as my night sweats and hot flushes disappeared, however, 4 months later and I have spotting/bleeding every other day.  I went back to my GP who referred me for an Hysteroscopy.  The consultant said that I should not have been put onto Femoston as I am not post menopausal.  This was a shock to me that a GP had prescribed these when they clearly should not have had. 

The added issue I have is that I am due to get married in 6 weeks time and that I have no idea when I am going to bleed.  The consultant has recommended that I go back onto the original HRT, but has prescribed me another drug to help with the flow of the bleed.  This means that I will know when to expect the bleed.  All in all I am totally fed up with the situation.  My sex life is out the window as I am constantly bleeding, I have a bloated stomach and also constantly tired and headaches (the last one lasted 2 whole days).  I am desperate to get something sorted before I get married.  I am worrying about the day, not for any other reason but how I am going to be feeling.  Grrrr can someone offer any suggestions for alternative therapies that work?
Thanks in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wrong HRT prescribed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 01:15:09 PM »

OH a menopausal wedding  :congrats: :cake: :cupcake:

What did the Dr prescribe to ease bleeding?  Could you take The Pill continually for a couple of months? 

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary and decide which symptom you would like to ease.  Put the medication name into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up?

:welcomemm:

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »

Hi Soose. The prescribing of the wrong type of HRT happens quite often I'm afraid but I'm not sure how your consultant can say you are post menopause when you've been using HRT which gives you a withdrawal bleed which is not a proper period. The age of 53/54 is usually seen as the safe time to swap from sequential to continuous HRT. Some of us do swap back to sequi however due to bleeding problems on the conti HRT as we like to have a predictable bleed. If you swap back to sequi now then this will hopefully sort the bleeding in time for the wedding. What have you been prescribed for the bleeding?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Tinacros

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 05:38:26 PM »

Hi femoston conti is for post menopausal ladies x

Tinacros

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 05:39:24 PM »

☺️☺️ just re read and you stated you are not post meno.  Sorry xxx