Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: I just want to be taken seriously  (Read 835 times)

SassyR

• First Flush
I just want to be taken seriously
« on: July 28, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »

I have now been in a poor state both mentally and physically, can't remember the last decent night's sleep. My memory and thought process is so poor. 9 months ago my doctor suggested herbal remedies but nothing specific, I haven't got the money or the time to take a selection of herbals to find one that works if it works at all. I'm back at doctor's just this time they have done bloods. But my doctor STILL trying to get me to go down the herbal route. I just want real proper pharmaceutical drugs. Unlike NHS and police and other government workers I can't go on the sick for 6months on full pay whilst I try out a selection of herbs. If they really worked they would be on prescription. I'm just desperate to feel normal any suggestions, I don't mean to sound angry but in depressed and so fed up

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I just want to be taken seriously
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 03:30:39 PM »

Ring the Surgery and ask for a referral to a Menopause Clinic, not a Gynaecologist as they don't know much more than a GP might do.  You don't need blood tests or an examinations for a referral.

In the meantime, keep a mood/food/symptom diary to take along to appts., it's easy to forget how we feel on a day-2-day basis ;-).

Which symptom would you like to ease?  Herbals can help until a lady's hormones take over, when any benefit may be lost.  R U in the UK?

:welcomemm: