Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello from Canada...help!  (Read 1079 times)

C.C.

Hello from Canada...help!
« on: July 27, 2020, 06:36:21 PM »

Hi, new member here. Thank you for accepting my registration!

I'm so thankful to have found this forum because I do have an issue that I have concerns about.

Little bit 'bout me first.  I'm on the cusp of turning 54 and it has been 2 years since my last official period.  My journey through menopause was pretty smooth, a few hot flashes at bedtime but really nothing to complain about.
 Last week I had some very light bleeding for 6 days. I was shocked and I certainly felt like I was having a period, very familiar sensations.  I called my GP to let him know.  Oh also should mention I started an weight loss program just before the pandemic lockdown and to date I have lost almost 25 lbs.  I asked him if significant weight loss and diet change could have an effect on my hormones and cause a period. He didn't think that was the case.  He is sending me for an ultrasound and we'll have another discussion once it's done.  I was convinced that this was from a hormone shift but now that my doctor doesn't think so,  I am getting scared! 

Thanks for listening!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:38:35 PM by C.C. »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello from Canada...help!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:33:31 PM »

Your GP is sending you for an ultrasound which is good.

In the meantime, browse round. Make notes.  Ovaries can have a fling occasionally which will produce period-types pains or a bleed.  If this is after 12+ months since the last bleed then a scan is advised in the UK.

It's 8.30 p.m. here, what's the time with you?  It's also raining.  Hard  ::)

:welcomemm: 

Well done on the weight loss.  Little steps.   

C.C.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:25:59 PM »

Hi CLKD  Thanks so much for the advice.  :) I will peruse the forum again, makes notes and ask questions.

So right now as I type it's 7:21pm Monday evening.  It's overcast and quite humid!

Will post an update after the scan.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 08:19:09 AM »

Morning.  9.15 a.m.  Cloudy after a sunny start to the day  ::)

Do you have to wait very long for the scan?

Let us know how you get on.

C.C.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 11:30:18 AM »

Good morning...it's 7:27 am and sunny :).  Going for a bike ride later!

My scan is in 2 weeks, that was the earliest date.  The clinic is a bit backed up due to Covid.

Have a great day! ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »

Have done thus far: had my hair cut  ;D - whoever would have thought that going to a stylist would be so much fun  ;)

C.C.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

Feels good doesn't it? I got my haircut on Sunday for the first time since January. ;D

Will keep the board posted about the scan.  Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I remember having one for each of my pregnancies....with a full bladder! :D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 02:02:56 PM »

:o  I remember having to drink 2 pints of water B4 a MRI scan - I knew every loo in R local town  ;D

SassyR

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 02:27:54 PM »

Your having a scan so that's good but we'll done on the weight loss that's amazing. You can have the odd bleeds but get yourself checked out and stay positive. and be greateful for your your smooth menopause, mines ongoing and a raging nightmare

C.C.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 06:33:37 PM »

Hi, Thank you :). I'm staying positive despite my doctor's reaction when I told him about the period.  I guess it's something he doesn't want to mess around with.  He was happy about the weight loss though.

I'm sorry about what you and alot of others are going through. I suppose I was fortunate that I didn't have a difficult time, it wasn't a breeze either but I can certainly empathize.  Hang in there and surround yourself with supportive people and treatment available to you.

It will not last forever, there will be an end to it!   :sunny:

Keep smiling! :D