Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: HRT during peri menopause - what is the doseage  (Read 747 times)

Gabs

HRT during peri menopause - what is the doseage
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:13:11 PM »

Hi All,

I tried finding on here what to take while still in peri but can't really tell the difference... maybe there is none. As my gyn does not sound very expirienced with HRT (she does not like it) but I like her and do not want to look for another one. I could compare what she wants to give me with what you are taking and what is working for you in peri. All advice is highly appriciated.

Hurdity

Re: HRT during peri menopause - what is the doseage
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »

Hi Gabs

It depends where you are in menopause, what your cycles are doing, how long between them, how heavy your periods are, if they've been irregular how long for, your age etc. Tell us a bit more then we can advise you. Lower doses if very early peri, if under 50 maybe one of the COC Pills instead, and if late peri then possible a higher dose - but bottom line is what works for you, taking into account personal preferences eg patch, pill or gel.

Hurdity x

Gabs

Re: HRT during peri menopause - what is the doseage
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 11:51:20 AM »

OK here it goes, feels strange to write things like that on the internet :)

In 6 months I will be 50. I show symptoms of peri since about 6 years, although I did not know it was peri. It started with not sleeping well, then leaking when coughing or sneezing .. although this has gone now. Then heavy night sweats.. but only at nights and very early morning, just before my period so I always linked the two together. Then 3 years ago depression.. getting worse now to the point I want to jump of a bridge, I cry a lot. I took anti depressant, it did help a little as all my feelings disapeared but I gained a lot of weight so stoped them again. I have aches and pains in my joints, my GP said I am making this up as my blood results are perfect. Next time I see her I will give her a lesson about peri menopause... she should know! Then there is raging anger .. I get upset sooo easily... and I never had problems with anger. The sweating I got under control with some herbal stuff but nothing else. As it really now impacts not just my private life but also my job (I am a manager and do not want to treat my team unfairly), I decided enough now.. I need HRT. This is all very new to me, only learned about peri menopause 3 months ago, after my husband googled my symptoms :).

My period is only irregular since 2 month .. it was a little stronger before but always on time. Now I had it 3 times in two month but with no complications. I never suffer any pain... just strong PMS. The days before I period I hardly sleep.. use Melatonin which helps a little.

Last month I got my blood test done, my gyn said the values show I am towards the end of peri.

Thank you for reading all this .. if you came that far :)