Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 981 times)

Amelia-Jayne

• First Flush
Hi
« on: July 24, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »

Hi I’m AJ,
I’m nearly 49, and I think that I might be starting the menopause as I’m finding that I get very hot and from the neck down. It feels like my clothes are wet. I lost an ovary when I was 22 and had cysts on the ovaries in my 20’s.

I started my periods when I was around 6.5 years old. I had issues from then.  At one time I had a period that lasted for 6 months and then I had two weeks off then another 4 months. I was nearly 17 at the time. Then it went to a cycle of three weeks but PMT would kick in about 10 days and three days after. I tried the conception but most of them didn’t suit me.

I had the lining of the womb burned away in November 2012, I haven’t had a period since but still get the PMT every month.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »

:hug:    :welcomemm:

Why were you allowed to bleed for such a long while  :-\.   Were you anaemic ever?

PMT made me quite ill, it was the nausea that was the worst.  When I was 35 I contacted The National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome [NAPS] and was advised to eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  The idea is to keep blood sugar levels even - today I stick to slow release snacks:  bananas, dried fruits and nuts, porridge is good  :-X apparently  ::).  "Dextrose" tablets are good for occasional boosts and I always carry those when walking.  As well as a good overall diet with occasionally cakes/eclairs/ice cream: the 1st make my body sluggish though  :-\.   A small slice of fruit cake however works well.  Pancakes are a good quick stand by as the mix keeps in the fridge for 2/3 days.

I never miss breakfast how ever ill I feel.  Usually a good bulky muesli.  A snack mid-morning. Light lunch. A mid-afternoon snack.  Cooked meal at 5.30 p.m.

DH batch cooks: mince/veg mixture, curries, pancake mix.  So that we don't grab rubbish when hungry.  He stirs fries a lot of mixed veg., sometimes with diced chicken to add to rice or pasta.  Sometimes I need supper ............

Browse round!

Gabs

Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:13:57 PM »

Hi AJ, welcome to the forum ... sounds like you really had.. can only think of swear words to describe it all. As though as getting to menopause is, I think for you it will be a blessing!! All the best.