Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Estrogen dominance in menopause?  (Read 10375 times)

Anna69

Re: Estrogen dominance in menopause?
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2020, 06:47:49 AM »

PS Wrensong. Thanks for pointing out the connecting between higher doses of estrogen and needing more thyroid hormone. Looking back, I realise I had to raise thyroid hormone when I raised my daily dose of transdermal E to deal with worsening symptoms of menopause. So there definitely seems to be a connection, although most doctors seem to think that only oral E increases the TBG levels and hence the need for a slight increase in thyroid meds.

Wrensong

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »

Well Anna, it's good to know another woman has had the same experience with even transdermal E increasing need for thyroid hormone.  I knew it did with me as bloods have shown it's happened every time my E dose has been raised over the 5 years since I started HRT.  You are the first person I've ever known confirm it doesn't only happen with oral E though.  Thank you, makes me feel less of a freak  :).

Anna69

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2020, 09:22:03 AM »

I just read that the only reason to have periods is to clean out your womb in preparation for fertilisation...if pregnancy is not your goal, there is no need to have periods. I just want to get rid of mine...they stopped for almost six months, then came back erratically, but now seem to be back again and regular every time I go off Utrogestan (I´m 51 so this is surprising).
So, the advice given is to take bio-identical progesterone daily and in high enough doses to stop bleeding. One site I visited suggested taking 200 mg daily for three out of four weeks, then 100 mg daily during the fourth week (always with estrogen), others suggest 300 mg daily (but then without estrogen). Some functional doctors consider P, not E, to be the best cure for menopausal complaints.
I wonder if I should try this because I cannot wait to get rid of my periods for good...they have made my life miserable for the past 40 years, so I cannot wait for them to go away. Some say progestin will achieve this faster and more effectively than bio-identical progesterone, but I still prefer the latter as it protects against uterine cancer, and has an overall better risk profile.
Has anyone managed to get bleed-free using higher doses of progesterone? It would seem 100 mg of Utrogestan daily (as I have been taking) may not be enough to stop bleeding altogether, or it may take several months to achieve it.
But since my estrogen levels came back pretty low (37 ng/mL, recommended 50-100) on estradiol, I doubt I should go off it altogether...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]