Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT patches  (Read 3091 times)

Emma Jamie

HRT patches
« on: April 11, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »

Hi. My name is Emma. I started the menopause about 18 months ago and have been trying to cope with the hot flushes etc til about two months ago when I could take no more. I have recently started evorel conti patches. I have got through six patches in just over a week as they do not stay stuck on. I have tried using wipes on my skin, drying it and putting a patch on. Ive then used the hairdryer on it but as soon as I have a bath, it comes off. Ive tried putting them on my hips, bum and top of my legs. Even on my legs and being kept out of the bath water, it still comes off after a day. This is the second type of hrt patch I have tried and the same thing happened with the other one. Ive also tried putting plasters over the top to keep them on. Does anyone have any advice please. If I don't have any luck with patches, can anyone recommend a progesterone cream I could try please?

Hurdity

Re: HRT patches
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 07:11:50 PM »

Hi Emma Jamie

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your issue with patches not sticking. I've never really had this problem except with the huge estraderm patches. Most seem to report they (Evorel) stick well. I only used them briefly but I don't remember them falling off. Must be something to do with what you're using on your skin perhaps? Maybe you have an oily skin?

I've always put patches on my butt cheeks but you want to make sure you have nix that cover that part of the butt. A thong would be no good (probably not brazilian either) as jeans would just keep riding over it and rubbing it off. Also this hot weather doesn't help. Hoerever they should be stable as it's not exactly tropical.

The way to get them to stick is to warm your hand and then press hard for 10 secs on clean dry skin without products and that incudes shower creams etc. Come to think of it my estradot patches used to come unstuck sometimes when I soaked in the bath but I rarely have a bath these days. In the shower I always wash my hair forwards so that conditioners etc don't run down my back. Also I don't use shower creams but gels which don't have any oils in them.

Putting plasters over is not recommended as it can come unstuck underneath the plaster and then you won't be getting the right dose.

Progesterone cream does nothing really. It is not another type of HRT. Depending where you are in menopause it's oestrogen you need, as the prog cream won't help your flushes nor will it replace the oestrogen.

How are your periods doing? Have you skipped many before thinking of starting HRT and have they changed at all?

If the worst comes to the worst and you really can't get them to stick then there is always oestrogen gel (Oestrogel or Sandrena) which you spread or dub on your skins every day, but then you need a separate progestogen too.
Hope this helps?

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 07:43:55 PM »

Hi. My name is Emma. I started the menopause about 18 months ago and have been trying to cope with the hot flushes etc til about two months ago when I could take no more. I have recently started evorel conti patches. I have got through six patches in just over a week as they do not stay stuck on. I have tried using wipes on my skin, drying it and putting a patch on. Ive then used the hairdryer on it but as soon as I have a bath, it comes off. Ive tried putting them on my hips, bum and top of my legs. Even on my legs and being kept out of the bath water, it still comes off after a day. This is the second type of hrt patch I have tried and the same thing happened with the other one. Ive also tried putting plasters over the top to keep them on. Does anyone have any advice please. If I don't have any luck with patches, can anyone recommend a progesterone cream I could try please?
  I am on Evorel conti and only had a problem when I tried my buttock or thigh. I now put them on my lower stomach just above my hip and alternate between right and left side. No problem and I have to tug quite hard to get them off.

Gerri030306

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 09:17:58 PM »

Hi I have just started using Evorel Conti and they don’t stick well on me. They last until I get hot, exercise or shower, then they come off.
I have tried shaving the area, then using surgical spirit then drying with a hairdryer, then sticking Tegaderm film over the top.
Seems a lot of effort.
I have e mailed the manufacturer about this and awaiting a reply.