Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Itchy Vulva  (Read 5266 times)

jaycee

Re: Itchy Vulva
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 04:18:52 PM »

Multi Gyn Actigel, i was recommended this on here so very surprised it wasn't mentioned
I got mine from Amazon, i was told Boots sell it, but my local one doesn't,it's about £7 if i remember correctly

MillieMoo10

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »

Hi Jaycee
Thanks will look into that,
looking around the site and Vagifem gets mentioned a lot do you think that might help ?
Just trying to find something other than oestrogen because of the blood clot worry.

MillieMoo10

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 04:47:48 PM »

oops just realised Vagifem IS oestrogen ! you can tell I'm new to this  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

It's unlikely to bother the blood stream MillieMoo10.  It is designed for vaginal use to improve symptoms ;-)

jaycee

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2020, 08:26:29 AM »

I use Ovestin now,  which is similiar to vagifem but a cream,which can be used internally or externally, but i would try the actigel

MillieMoo10

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »

Hi here's an update, just had my telephone consul with the GP (a different one to last time) and she has prescribed an anti fungal oral tablet to be taken for 4 weeks.  I suggested it might be connected to low estrogen but she said the other doctor had said that she saw no signs of VA and if it was that then the antifungal creams that I have used before would not have cleared it up if. I'm not convinced but I will take the tablets and see if it clears it up and see if it comes back again afterwards  ::)
What do you guys think - could it still be the start of VA ?

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »

Your GP needs a kick!

Ring this morning and ask for a referral to a Menopause Clinic - not to a Gynae as they know as little as GPs.  I could spit bricks!

Vaginal atrophy doesn't show .......... how on Earth would an oral tablet improve the vaginal area .......... I wouldn't put anything into my body if I didn't think it's required especially knowing now about VA.

Joaniepat

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 11:17:58 AM »

MillieMoo10, I agree with CLKD, your GP seems to know nothing. I would just ask to try local oestrogen, either Vagifem or Ovestin. They over-diagnose thrush because they know precious little about VA. I take it you have not been swabbed for thrush, so why are they prescribing oral Fluconazole? Thrush creams can make you feel a bit better because they contain ingredients that sooth the area, but this does not mean you have it. Stupid GP.

VA is caused by low oestrogen. It is quite bad by the time you get visible symptoms. You want treatment now with local oestrogen before it gets too bad.

To find out about VA, you could get Jane Lewis's book "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" available from Amazon. She is Maryjane on here. She also has a good instagram site: my_menopausal_vagina, and a private Facebook support group: Vaginal Atrophy.

JP x

MillieMoo10

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »

Thank you Joaniepat and CLKD I agree with what you are saying both female GPs at my practice seem to be of the same opinion (they are youngish so no way near menopause themselves) I feel I have to give the oral fungal tablets a go (I suspect they will not work) and then I will have to muster up the courage to be firm with the estrogen  :(

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »

NOOOOOOO - don't put chemicals into your body simply to please your GPs.

Tell them that you have talked with ladies using vaginal treatment successfully who have never had an examination nor other treatments.  Is there a Nurse Practitioner at your Practice or a male GP who may be clued up?  Mine has a wife of my age  ;) so diagnosed my VA over the 'phone 5 years ago  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »

Would you eat a food stuff that you don't like to please others  :-\

MillieMoo10

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2020, 12:44:14 PM »

Good point CLKD  ;D

Thats also a good point about the male GP, my usual GP WOULD have a wife about the right age so maybe that would be a better option - never thought of that

Thanks  :)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2020, 01:15:15 PM »

My advice is to bypass the surgery and ask 4 a referral to a menopause clinic ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]