Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mona lisa touch  (Read 2998 times)

Marie2859#

• First Flush
Mona lisa touch
« on: July 29, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »

Hi
I am trying to find women that have undergone the Mona lisa touch treatment. After 18 months of using Vagifem for Vaginal atrophy I have become allergic to the fillers. This happened several years ago with Ovestin.
There are several clinics that offer treatment privately but I would like to speak to someone who has had the treatment before going any further. I am reaching the end of my tether so any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Taz2

Re: Mona lisa touch
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »

Hi Marie. If you put it into the search box
( bar at top of screen) it will bring up the previous posts on the Mona Lisa touch. I know it's been mentioned before.

Taz x  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 07:17:29 PM »

I've had it done, by Ms Amanda Tozer in Harley Street. It helped me, but works best if you can continue using local oestrogen. There are other options besides Vagifem and Ovestin, and these can be found on this site under Treatments from the menu at top of page. The Estring might be suitable for you as there are no fillers.
JP x

Marie2859#

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 06:32:47 AM »

Hi Joaniepat
Thanks for that. It's nice to hear from someone who has actually experienced the procedure. I have been given dermovate cream to be used internally(phone consultation) and keep looking at the tube as when I collected it from the Pharmacist she advised me to be cautious and even the GP told me to come back if it made things worse so I haven't tried it yet.
I couldn't find any indication of cost for the Mona lisa touch online. Do you mind giving some idea of cost before I make any contact?
Thanks for your help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 06:40:09 AM »

Morning.  If you put 'Mona Lisa Touch' in2 the search box on the Forum several threads pop up.  Make notes ;-)

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 07:31:41 AM »

Hi Marie2859,

The initial consultation was £200 (July 2019) and treatments were £500 each, normally spaced 4-6 weeks apart. The usual course is 3 treatments. However, if you need more than 3, there is no further charge, up to a total of 5 treatments. Some people go for an annual top up, but only if you feel you need it. I had 4 treatments, the first 3 of which were both internal and external, and the 4th internal only as that was where my main problems were.

The MLT should really be a last resort. Have you seen a vulva dermatologist to check for any other conditions? I think I would also be cautious with the Dermovate, although you could give it a try for a few days. I have also been given this, though for external use just on the vulva. (Didn't help.) Surprised they want you to use it internally!

If you have Facebook, Jane Lewis (Maryjane on here) runs a private Facebook support group called Vaginal Atrophy, where you will find a few others who have had the MLT.  Also her Instagram page My Menopausal Vagina is good, plus her book "Me and My Menopausal Vagina" (Amazon). You could also search for her posts on here under her profile. She also had the MLT.

Hope this helps,
JP x

Marie2859#

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 12:10:58 PM »

Hi Ladies
Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been struggling over the last few days. For some reason I have started a bout of insomnia (probably stress related) and as a result have been nauseous and unable to eat much- very unlike me to pass up food.
I have an appointment with my GP this evening so hopefully will make some progress. I have joined the recommended Facebook page etc and watched an Instagram post both of which were really helpful.
Thanks to this I have a list of alternatives to Vagifem and am ready for a difficult discussion.
Thanks fot taking the time to answer

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »

Let us know how you get on ?