Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Questions on gel application  (Read 1873 times)

Dandelion

Questions on gel application
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »

Sometimes in the past some of the gel has reached my inner arms and this may have touched my breasts, is this a problem?

Also, after application, I rinse my hands with water, and today realised I should be using soap to rinse my hands, is this a problem?

Thanks

Sammiejane

Re: Questions on gel application
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »

hi there

it shouldn’t be if was a one off i apply to outer arms and occasionally is touched my boob x

are u on utrogestan for progesterone ?

how have you found your hair on the gel x

Dandelion

Not a one off, yikes, also is not using soap to rinse hands a problem?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:02:26 PM »

hi there

it shouldn’t be if was a one off i apply to outer arms and occasionally is touched my boob x

are u on utrogestan for progesterone ?

how have you found your hair on the gel x
Hi
it wasnt a one off as far as I can see. Hope boobs not damaged.
I am on utro.
Hair not changed on gel.
Is it a problem that I have never used soap to rinse off gel from hands just a quick rinse with water? I checked breasts afterwards a few times, so worried oestrogen could have gone on them.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 08:05:09 PM by Dandelion »

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »

If it gets on them regularly it might be better to apply it to your thighs instead. I've been using gel for 2 years, I apply it just before I get into bed and until I read your post it hadn't crossed my mind to wash my hands - oops  :o.  No obvious problem with the finger I use to rub it in.

Dandelion

How do you manage to apply gel with one finger?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:00:09 PM »

If it gets on them regularly it might be better to apply it to your thighs instead. I've been using gel for 2 years, I apply it just before I get into bed and until I read your post it hadn't crossed my mind to wash my hands - oops  :o.  No obvious problem with the finger I use to rub it in.
Better absorption on arms.
You only use one finger to apply gel?
I squirt pump in palm of hands, and speed on arms, then use a little bit of water to rinse instead of soap as you're supposed to.
How do you manage to apply gel with only one finger?

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »

I put a trail of gel along my thigh then use one fingertip to rub it in. Have you noticed a difference with absorption? I only used it on my arms a couple of times but didn't notice any difference.

Dandelion

worried about gel not washed off whole hand
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 10:38:59 PM »

I put a trail of gel along my thigh then use one fingertip to rub it in. Have you noticed a difference with absorption? I only used it on my arms a couple of times but didn't notice any difference.
I have read many women say arms absorb gel better which is why I use arms.
You only use one finger to apply gel.
I use both of the whole of my hands and touch other things, as I use both of the whole of my hands and don't wash off with soap, I am now worried I have spread oestrogen all over the place which others may have touched.

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 11:29:31 PM »

hi ladies

i’ve had way better obsorbtion on arms infact to much i upped to 2.5 pumps to feel great but symtoms came back and it’s because my levels were 1238 pmol to high so have been told to reduce to 2 pumps add in testosterone but i feel crap when i applies to thighs i didn’t obsorb well at all but may have to go back to thighs to get the benefit of higher dose ! 2.5 pumps and daily progesterone was great but i got bloated and excess sweating in armpits and huge boobs it’s from estrogen but my mood was great vagina great felt like me so annoyed i’m seeing how i go but may increase back up and not say anything cause i feel awful now so up and down cause taking alternate progesterone still have bloating because of this i see if it settles x

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 11:43:44 PM »

hi ladies

i’ve had way better obsorbtion on arms infact to much i upped to 2.5 pumps to feel great but symtoms came back and it’s because my levels were 1238 pmol to high so have been told to reduce to 2 pumps add in testosterone but i feel crap when i applies to thighs i didn’t obsorb well at all but may have to go back to thighs to get the benefit of higher dose ! 2.5 pumps and daily progesterone was great but i got bloated and excess sweating in armpits and huge boobs it’s from estrogen but my mood was great vagina great felt like me so annoyed i’m seeing how i go but may increase back up and not say anything cause i feel awful now so up and down cause taking alternate progesterone still have bloating because of this i see if it settles x
With the greatest of respect, please could you create your own thread as I still have a question hanging in the air as original poster.
Kind thanks :)

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 08:04:18 AM »

If you are applying gel at night and not washing your hands and sharing a bed with a male partner then it is really important to wash it off depending on what you get up to of course  ::), on order to avoid transfer because it will absorb into the upper layers of skin on your hands, I imagine, in the same way as your thighs.

Dandelion I'm not sure what question you still need to have answered about gel application? I think sheila99 answered it? If not please could you clarify and members will try to help.

Hurdity x

Sage 🍃

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »

Hi Dandelion, when I had a 'brief encounter' with HRT, I used to squirt 2 pumps of Oestrogel on my right outer arm and then rub it on my right inner thigh. Next day I would alternate to left arm/thigh. No hands or fingers involved!

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 07:17:09 PM »

If you are applying gel at night and not washing your hands and sharing a bed with a male partner then it is really important to wash it off depending on what you get up to of course  ::), on order to avoid transfer because it will absorb into the upper layers of skin on your hands, I imagine, in the same way as your thighs.

Dandelion I'm not sure what question you still need to have answered about gel application? I think sheila99 answered it? If not please could you clarify and members will try to help.

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

I do not share my bed with anyone.
I don't wash my hands with soap, I just rinse them with water.
The question I am asking is, because I only rinse my hands with water, and use the full flat of both hands to apply gel, even though it is not getting on anyones skin, sometimes the gel doesn't dry on my arms properly and I bump into things, so I could have oestrogen everywhere, and I have had T shirted tradesmen come into the flat who might have touched these surfaces, is that a problem?
The other question is, if the gel is absorbing into my hands as I only use water, is that a problem?
Thanks

Dandelion

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 07:18:17 PM »

Hi Dandelion, when I had a 'brief encounter' with HRT, I used to squirt 2 pumps of Oestrogel on my right outer arm and then rub it on my right inner thigh. Next day I would alternate to left arm/thigh. No hands or fingers involved!
No hands or fingers involved?
How did you manage to spread the gel around arms and thighs?
What did you use to rub it with ?
Thanks

Sage 🍃

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 07:29:12 PM »

I used my arm to spread it on my thigh. Easy peasy.

Cassie

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »

I alternate legs and use my hand to rub it in at bedtime never wash my hands been doing this for 14 yrs now.
Pages: [1] 2