Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I finally start to understand  (Read 1187 times)

Gabs

I finally start to understand
« on: July 20, 2020, 06:56:18 PM »

Hi All, since a few years I have all sorts of symptoms but because I also have allergies and suffered depression when I was young, I thought "ok Gabs that's it, you are loosing your mind". Since a few months it got so bad, 30% of each month I break down in tears after work and cry. All I could think of was, "I have enough I am sick of that life, I just want it to end". My wonderful husband started researching and told me about peri-menopause. As my period only changed a tiny bit 2 months ago, I did not think of that at all. So here I am, spent the last days reading through this forum. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also went to the doctor. Blood confirms, I am full on in peri. Doctor wants me to try herbal first for 3 month's before giving me hormones, but I think I will wait that long. Thanks to you all, now every time I start crying and feeling like %£&"%# I just think " screw you, I will win this". So thank you for writing down your stories and experiences. They do make a huge change in my life.

I am 49, married, no children... but cats, geese and chicken. :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I finally start to understand
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »

What does the GP think that herbal will achieve?  If your bloods show that you are into peri .........

There is an alternative room, do read through to see if anything herbal might help. Some find that once their hormones start to play up, any benefit from herbals is lost.  I have used rescue remedy mouth spray to ease anxiety. 

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first?  Well done the husband  :medal:  If your GP still whittles on about herbals then ask for a referral to a menopause clinic.

What, no goats ?  :D.   We have threads on most subjects  8)

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 07:21:01 PM »

Hi gabs and welcome to the forum,so glad the forum has helped already,there are so many symptoms of meno,some you wouldn't think of but all the women on here have suffered one way or the other.
If I hadn't joined the forum,I'm not sure where I'd have ended up,thought I was losing mind,as I knew literally nothing about menopause bar hot flushes,anyway,ask away,any questions are usually answered,just start a thread and someone will come along to help  :)

Gabs

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 07:36:48 PM »

Thank you! The doctor thinks hormones should not be taken through peri. BUT I had already read so much on here that I could tell her, in a very nice way, that she has wrong information :) She did say, if I insist then she will support me. Next week she is on holiday. I will visit her soon and insist. I rather die of a side effect then living like this. It does feel like there is someone else living with me in my head. She has to move out. :) I get angry so easily it's terrible, I hate myself for it. I watch myself and can't believe what I am seeing. My boss is making fun of me because I scare people lol well at least things get done now. It must have some benefit. And now I want to cry.

I did have one question but of course forgot it. It will come back.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »

Well done.  We shouldn't have to put foot down with firm hand with GPs  >:(.  It's during peri that ladies find symptoms can be overwhelming: her time will come  ;D

Quality of Life is important and after all, HRT does not have to be forever though if it eases symptoms why stop?  Do read the threads about vaginal atrophy and bladder problems: forewarned and all that. 

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; deep in the ears, scalp, skin, vagina, nostrils, between the toes ....... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  It ain't called The Change for nowt  ::). VA often begins with regular urine infection-type symptoms which GPs tend to over-prescribed anti-biotic therapy.  Again, they don't seem to be aware of it!

Let us know how you get on.

Baby

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

Hi Gabs. Menopause is life changing for lots of ladies and is not taken seriously enough. I bet it would be if men went through it.  I have had to go part time because of it and still struggle to go. My firm treated me terribly even though I went to them asking if my workload could be eased because I was struggling. The manager said yes then proceeded  not to change it one bit. My manager is a woman who had a bad menopause so you would think would be symperthetic  >:(

Gabs

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:33 PM »

Thank you for all the advice. Sorry Baby to hear that. I am sure men would get two years off to deal with it with full payment. :) Women especially manager have huge expectations towards other women. As if empathy is a sign of weakness. The fear of being looked dow on by male manager colleagues. Poor lady!