Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan to Evorel Conti.  (Read 1527 times)

Evie606

Utrogestan to Evorel Conti.
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:36:30 AM »

Hi,
Not been coping well at all with Utrogestan. Gp has now decided that as I have been on HRT for more than a year I can try a continuous regime. She has prescribed Evorel Conti, I wasn’t great on Sequi (first one tried) but not horrendous like Utrogestan.
Has anyone been on Sequi but found the continuous Conti made things more tolerable once you got used to it?
Thanks as always!  :)

PMDD

Re: Utrogestan to Evorel Conti.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 03:36:19 PM »

Im interested into hearing what didn't work with the utrogestan? xx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »

I changed from evorel sequi to conti 5 months ago. On the whole I have been much better. My headaches are much improved. I think for me the hormone fluctuations were not helpful. I still do have not so good days, but would not want to go back to sequi. The worst thing for me has been bleeding, I have had light bleeding most of the time with only two two week periods without bleeding. I was told it can take 6 months to stabalise. I had a lot of bleeding a couple of weeks ago so this is being investigated and may not be anything to do with the HRT. Despite this I really hope to continue on evorel conti as I have had really good times with no other symptoms.

Evie606

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »

Im interested into hearing what didn't work with the utrogestan? xx

Hi PMDD,

It made me feel like I was going nuts when I was on it, very irritated and getting angry over ridiculous things. Old arguments would pop into my head from years ago, really stupid stuff but it was like I was permanently on a short fuse. This only happened during the phase on taking Utrogestan never on the other 2 weeks on Oestrogen only. GP was going to let me try it on a continuous basis to see if that helped but after hearing about my excruciating breast pain this month, she said enough as it wasn’t going to get better. X

Evie606

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 08:17:00 PM »

I changed from evorel sequi to conti 5 months ago. On the whole I have been much better. My headaches are much improved. I think for me the hormone fluctuations were not helpful. I still do have not so good days, but would not want to go back to sequi. The worst thing for me has been bleeding, I have had light bleeding most of the time with only two two week periods without bleeding. I was told it can take 6 months to stabalise. I had a lot of bleeding a couple of weeks ago so this is being investigated and may not be anything to do with the HRT. Despite this I really hope to continue on evorel conti as I have had really good times with no other symptoms.

Hi Shropshirelass,

Glad to know it was better for you, not so good about the bleeding.
The thought is the fluctuations aren’t good for me either and my GP did warn me I might have breakthrough bleeding or nothing at all but I’m willing to give it a go.
It’s good you’re doing well on it, hope everything settles and you can continue.  :)