Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan side effects and help  (Read 643 times)

Saffypig

Utrogestan side effects and help
« on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:30 AM »

As I hit 50 last September, I wasn’t allowed to take BC anymore, so have Progynova and Utrogestan.

Estrogen is fine, really helped, Utrogestan is a nightmare…..  I’ve been on BC for years and just kept taking it as I didn’t want periods, so never knew if I was still having them naturally or not, so my Gyne, suggested 200mg for 12 days a month!  Never have I had pain like it, and it’s all over the place.
One month crippling pain after 2 days taking it,  and heavy bleeding.  This month, cramps in the middle of the 12 day cycle and no bleed, then a week later here I am on day three of pain so bad, I can barely move and bleeding.

I don’t want to bleed, I’m pretty sure I read that you can take another pill to stop shedding/ bleeding on top of the Utrogestan?  Any ideas anyone.

Also, has anyone got a link or paper on stats for endometrial cancer whilst on Estrogen?  I’m seriously considering just ditching the Utrogestan if the stats are fairly low.

sheila99

Re: Utrogestan side effects and help
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »

It isn't a good idea to ditch progesterone. What about a coil? Mirena seems to be the one used most often. If you're peri rather than meno this is often the best way to ensure you don't bleed.

Saffypig

Re: Utrogestan side effects and help
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »

Thank you,  i had a mirena a few years back and hated it, so possibly not my go to option.

If i saw my Doc and got agreement to take Utrogestan continuously, would that guarantee no bleeds, or not really?
I have no clue if I’m peri or not.

I’m struggling to even think about periods for the next 10 or however many years I take HRT for, refused to have them till now 😊