Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice please.  (Read 653 times)

Debbiemc

Advice please.
« on: July 24, 2020, 07:42:22 AM »

Hi. As the subject states, I’m after some advice please! I apologise now for all the questions, but most of my friends aren’t in my situation, so I can’t ask them.

I’ve been on HRT for approximately 4 years now. (Currently taking Kliovance). I’ve not had a period for over 12 months. I don’t seem to get the anxiety and low moods so much anymore, I think healthy lifestyle has helped massively with that, rather then medication. However, I can’t say the same for the hot flushes.  Mainly at night, constantly keeping me awake, they are becoming unbearable. I could put it down to the warm weather, but it’s just not normal how sweaty I get! 🙈 Any suggestions  about what I can do? (I did change HRT earlier this year to Eleste duo, but it was even worse).

Also, I’d like to consider coming off HRT at some point soon. What’s the ‘normal’ amount of time people are on it for? Will I start having periods again? What about my flushes?

Thank you so much for reading!
Debbie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:44:23 AM »

Hi!  can't help much other than to say that if you find an HRT that suits, why change it?  Replacement helps ladies get on with life, quality is important.  Some stop the HRT for a while to see where they are and if symptoms are less.  It's a personal choice.

Why did you change HRT? 

Debbiemc

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »

Hi,
I changed because I, and the doctor, thought it’d help with the flushes.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 09:41:31 AM »

Hi if you are still getting hot flushes then it is likely that you are not getting enough oestrogen and you may need to change to gel or patch which will give you more. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

:thankyou: