Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice, greatly received!!! So confused  (Read 1985 times)

robotwars

Advice, greatly received!!! So confused
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:27:52 AM »

Hi! Im really after some advice as im not sure what to do but i tried HRT 10 years ago and failed due to it irritating my IBS, so 8 months ago VA became so uncomfortable, it was like razors!!!! i was already using vagifem twice a week and it wasnt helping, went to see GP advised starting HRT patches, so because i hadnt had a period for 18 months started on Evorel conti, VA improved but then started bleeding, so would come on for 5 days, off for 7 then back on, this went on for 2 months so GP changed me to Evorel sequi, which im on now, its great that im now not bleeding weekly but i come on every 21 days and im on for 7 days but its so heavy, with in 2 hours a towel is flooded, and the period pains are awful!!!! im so fed, been on sequi for 3 and a halve months now and still no better. Do i persevere??? I also have B12 injections every 12 weeks and have low iron so all this bleeding isnt helping, im feeling so fed up, but if i stop patches now, how will i feel as i have new job in a school starting in sept and dont want to be an emotional wreck!!! but i also wondered if i stopped patches could i do Vagifem every night would that help, has anyone experienced this and come out the other side. Thanks for reading...

Lyncola

Re: Advice, greatly received!!! So confused
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 09:37:50 AM »

Hi Robotwars,

Sorry I have no experience with HRT, but from reading your message, I think I would try Vagifem full time. We know there’s other ladies on this forum that use Vagifem full time, so that’s not a problem.

I wouldn’t want to have my periods again (I can’t as I’ve had a hysterectomy), but seriously who wants to go through heavy bleeding again. It sounds like you’re way to heavy which can’t be good for your iron levels.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Let me know what you decide and how you get on.

:bighug:
Lyncola

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »

I was advised to double up the vagifem as I have dryness but am not suffering like you. I know several women on here who use it everyday. The dose is so small it is considered fine and the dose is no where near HRT.

I changed to evorel conti 5  months ago from sequi as the hormonal fluctuations weren't helping my headaches. I have had almost constant light bleeding with 3 days of flooding which has resulted in anemia (and further investigations). The menopause clinic said that I should give it 6 months to settle as bleeding is common in the 1st 6 months. They also advised that if it continues to try reducing the dose or a change in progesterone. The evorel conti is controlling my symptoms really well so I don't really want to change. The bleeding has stopped (for now at least) so I'm hoping things have settled. It may be that ifyou tried conti for longer it would settle.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:22:47 PM by shrosphirelass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:40:07 PM »

Your GP needs a  :kick:  you can use the Vagifem every night if necessary, some ladies don't require any other type of HRT.  Also keeping the vaginal area supple and moist stops the dryness = itching.  Have a look at the 'yes' and 'sylc' websites?  Some ladies require one or the. other as well as 'vagifem' or 'ovestin'.  4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there!

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »

Hi Thanks for your replies, if i stop the patches do you think i will have an emotional slump!!!! do i just stop or should i try doing half a patch... do i  reduce gradually, im just so fed up having periods at 56..... i agreed to go on the conti as i wouldnt have any periods but this is ridiculous!!! then i thought using the sequi they would be light but this isnt light, they are so heavy i feel totally drained and im back on painkillers for period pains and hot water bottles at my age!!!! its been 8 months now!! i have been for a scan that came back clear.... doctors wont do any face to face appointments unless its an emergency so its telephone consultation's only, and i hate phones!!! such a dilemia...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 06:15:33 PM »

I wouldn't want to return to that, sounds like me in my mid-20s  :'(.  I would stop.  Nothing should make you feel that ill!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »

Its hard to say how it would affect you if you stop suddenly. If it was me I'd reduce gradually. That's how I started when I first went on HRT. Maybe cut a quarter off for a month and see how you get on. Reducing the oestrogen may possibily reduce the bleeding, though may not. I guess it also depends on whether you are menopausal and whether you're own cycle if having an impact.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 10:34:02 PM »

Hi! Im really after some advice as im not sure what to do but i tried HRT 10 years ago and failed due to it irritating my IBS, so 8 months ago VA became so uncomfortable, it was like razors!!!! i was already using vagifem twice a week and it wasnt helping, went to see GP advised starting HRT patches, so because i hadnt had a period for 18 months started on Evorel conti, VA improved but then started bleeding, so would come on for 5 days, off for 7 then back on, this went on for 2 months so GP changed me to Evorel sequi, which im on now, its great that im now not bleeding weekly but i come on every 21 days and im on for 7 days but its so heavy, with in 2 hours a towel is flooded, and the period pains are awful!!!! im so fed, been on sequi for 3 and a halve months now and still no better. Do i persevere??? I also have B12 injections every 12 weeks and have low iron so all this bleeding isnt helping, im feeling so fed up, but if i stop patches now, how will i feel as i have new job in a school starting in sept and dont want to be an emotional wreck!!! but i also wondered if i stopped patches could i do Vagifem every night would that help, has anyone experienced this and come out the other side. Thanks for reading...
I have been having bleeding with Evorel conti for almost a year now. Only light bleeding but I have had enough of it. I have just decided today to try half patches again to see if that reduces/stops the bleeding. Might have to increase the Vagifem frequency from the current usual alternative days.

robotwars

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »

i've decided to cut patches in half for a week and top up vagifem and see what happens, im bleeding at the moment and im due to change patch on Tuesday, so will half it and see what happens, as i start new job in sept so want to be over initial effects by then i hope!!!!!!!!! i hope i feel ok...... but this bleeding is ridiculous, been flooding now since friday still hasnt stopped plus period pains, hoping when i stop periods will stop as before i started HRT i went 18 months with no periods..... fingers crossed... Thanks for your replies

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 03:10:39 PM »

i've decided to cut patches in half for a week and top up vagifem and see what happens, im bleeding at the moment and im due to change patch on Tuesday, so will half it and see what happens, as i start new job in sept so want to be over initial effects by then i hope!!!!!!!!! i hope i feel ok...... but this bleeding is ridiculous, been flooding now since friday still hasnt stopped plus period pains, hoping when i stop periods will stop as before i started HRT i went 18 months with no periods..... fingers crossed... Thanks for your replies

As I said above, I decided to try half patches but didn't get very far. I applied a half patch on Sunday and by the following morning had very light bleeding. I made it back up to a full patch. I still want to try this but I am not sure what to expect when reducing to half patch (re. bleeding). My bleeding is nothing like flooding at all. It is very light and I can usually go without a pad/tampon at night when flat. However the period style pain 10 days ago was more than usual and I don't want that every month. I had 4-5 years without periods before first trying Evorel Conti.
I am about  to post a separate question with the title reducing from full Evorel Conti  to half to ask for feedback from others who have tried it.

robotwars

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 06:35:35 PM »

katejo very interested to see what replies you get to that.... as im so confused, tonight is the night i need to change my patch, so going to try half but so unsure!!!!!

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 07:21:19 AM »

Hi Robotwars. Have you had any investigations re such heavy bleeding? I see you had been 18 months without a period before HRT so I'm wondering whether you have fibroids which can give bleeding and are stimulated by oestrogen. I had heavy bleeds for the first three months on sequi but these bleeds were every 28 days so were due to withdrawing the progesterone. Yours seem unrelated to that if they are every 21 days.  :-\

Taz x

robotwars

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »

Hi Taz2, i have had a scan and they said that everything was normal apart from a small fibroid, so no further investigations needed