Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Had my hysteroscopy today.  (Read 2025 times)

DelicateButterfly69

Had my hysteroscopy today.
« on: July 21, 2020, 05:32:11 PM »

I posted about my postmenopausal bleeding and how my doctor did the urgent 2 weeks referral. After having a pelvic and transvaginal scan, I went for the hysteroscopy today. Took my painkillers beforehand. Good job I did. My cervix was closed and she struggled. I found that bit quite painful to be honest but they got me to breathe through it, that helped and it doesn't last long. The biopsy was very quick, uncomfortable but nothing too bad. No cysts or fibroids. It showed a thickening of the womb of 6.9. She said she wasn't concerned about what she'd seen and results will be about a week. No, it's not a pleasant experience but they talk to you and help you get through it. She did say the majority of ladies she sees do not have cancer. Hope this helps..

Salad

Re: Had my hysteroscopy today.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »

Well done! Glad it went ok ish
 :foryou:

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »

Glad it all went well and you had a positive result. Good luck for the biopsy results. It's really helpful to hear women's real life experiences when you need to go though the same proceedure, so thank you for posting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:57:35 AM by shrosphirelass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 07:25:53 PM »

Well done.  How long B4 the results come back?

:medal:

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »

Well done.  How long B4 the results come back?

:medal:

Hi CLKD,

Thanks. :) She said quite quickly, around a week. which surprised me after everything I've read on Google. x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 07:47:07 PM »

Then you can breath ;-)

Keep occupied in the meantime?  MayB read our exercise threads  8)

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 08:20:35 PM »

Then you can breath ;-)

Keep occupied in the meantime?  MayB read our exercise threads  8)

Exercise, CLKD?  :o Spoilsport!  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »

Glad it went well Delicatebutterfly! Hopefully you will have results soon that all is well. When I had my hysteroscopy the lining on the scan which triggered the referral was 7.4 but I was taking HRT cyclically anyway at the time. Do let us know the outcome :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 12:06:18 PM »

;D. that'll be getting out of bed in a leisurely fashion and sitting quietly with your breakfast then  ;)

R U sore today?

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 03:45:06 PM »

Well done! Glad it went ok ish
 :foryou:

Thanks Salad :)

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »

Glad it all went well and you had a positive result. Good luck for the biopsy results. It's really helpful to hear women's real life experiences when you need to go though the same proceedure, so thank you for posting.

Thank you Shrosphirelass. I know as soon as I found out I was having the hysteroscopy, I searched every website I could find to find anything and everything I could about it, so I agree with you. x

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 03:55:46 PM »

Glad it went well Delicatebutterfly! Hopefully you will have results soon that all is well. When I had my hysteroscopy the lining on the scan which triggered the referral was 7.4 but I was taking HRT cyclically anyway at the time. Do let us know the outcome :)

Hurdity x

Thanks for replying Hurdity. I'm a bit embarrassed to say this, but I don't really know much about HRT. My mum had a mini stroke soon after she started taking hers, so it put the fear of God in me and I said I wouldn't have it. Easy to say it when it's not happening to you. How things change, eh? So, I wonder if there is much in it, your 7.4 and my 6.9? Daft q I guess, but I wonder..... I'll def post the results x

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »

Nowt is daft here ! 

DelicateButterfly69

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »

;D. that'll be getting out of bed in a leisurely fashion and sitting quietly with your breakfast then  ;)

R U sore today?

Hello CLKD.  :-X I, erm, looked on Youtube for some exercises to do, so in my eyes I more or less did them. OK. Let's erm move on..... Nah, Not sore at all, I've had the odd tiny twinge, but nothing else. I've got a panty liner on but I'm losing next to nothing. It's all a distance memory now, apart from waiting for the results.  ::) x

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »

Well done! 

Now, about that exercise regime  :whist: my motto: I'm out of bed, what more do you want? :  ;)
Pages: [1] 2