Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen?  (Read 877 times)

Ljp

Too much oestrogen?
« on: July 08, 2020, 08:29:03 AM »

Needing advice, I suffer with VA, but symptoms are pretty much under control at last after 4 years of suffering irritation, soreness, split skin, the only residual problem which I've thrown everything at and still can't get sorted is bladder, no UTIs just frequency and horrendous urgency/urge incontinence, granted not as bad as it was, but some days it is!
I'm on systemic HRT (Mirena coil and oestrogel) I have estring and use testosterone.
I started 4 years ago with 2 pumps oestrogel, and increased it to 3 about 2 years ago, since lockdown (about 6 weeks now I think ) I thought I'd try 4 pumps to see if it might improve things further, I think it has helped, although I know there are other things that affect my bladder, coffee, alcohol, fruit etc. So still have times when it plays up.
However this last week I've hit rock bottom in my mood and feel like I'm losing the plot, I've no motivation or enthusiasm, I'm short tempered and agitated, sleep at night is fine, but want to sleep all the time, feel really heavy in heart and mind, I don't want to see or speak to anyone. it's horrible!
I've had an ear infection and put it down to that, but I'm now wondering if it could be the extra oestrogen?
Any thoughts please? 😢😢

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Too much oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »

When Oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry which includes the vaginal area. 

I find that taking pain relief helps the 'need to pee' symptoms - 2 Nurofen 3 times a day for 3 days plus nightly dosage of 'ovestin' helps ease my symptoms.  It is about managing the symptoms, 4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there  :-\

If your mood is low maybe discuss with your GP?  Some find that an extra 'pump' weekly is enough - 4 seems a lot from where I'm sitting. 

Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress?

Ljp

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 04:12:38 PM »

Thank you, no I don't keep diary as I know myself from experience, the more I focus on things the worse the issue becomes.
I'm a terrible overthinker 🙄

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »

I think that's The Change - suddenly we seem to be aware of everything  ::)

Sage 🍃

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 08:08:16 PM »

Hi Ljp, hope you're feeling better. Have you sorted incontinence?