Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too much/too little? ... and of what?  (Read 1035 times)

pricey

Too much/too little? ... and of what?
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:59:37 AM »

Hello ladies,

It's been a long haul for me. I'm 55 and finally one pump of Oestrogel and 1 utrogestan vaginally for 12 days is pretty much giving me a predictable cycle without breakthrough bleeding. My symptoms are mostly controlled/reduced. I wouldn't say I feel great. I have gained half a stone,  unusual for me since my diet has stayed the same and I exercise daily. Lately I have sore breasts constantly which I usually only got just before a period or if I have started/upped my oestrogen. As I've reduced my oestrogen this past 3 months this seems odd. Prior to that I had breakthrough bleeds and felt my lining was building up too much,  hence I reduced to one pump and in that sense it seems to have worked. I'm tempted to come off HRT now I've been on it 5 years and see where I'm at. I'm heartily sick of monthly bleeds - and no, I don't want to try the mirena. I work full time in a stressful job and am wary of changing anything, but then again, I don't feel great now. Any advice on what I might need to tweak or how to wean off if that seems like a plan?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Hurdity

Re: Too much/too little? ... and of what?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »

Hi pricey

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. I don't really know what to suggest. If you have continuing breast pain without having changed anything else maybe a trip to the doc would be in order, just to get checked out. Usually if caused by HRT this would settle and if you haven't changed anything, would be less likely.

There are women who do continue to ovulate at your age though. Do you definitely know you are post-menopausal ie very late peri or post-meno when you started HRT? if you were only early peri-menopausal 5 years ago there is a possibility your natural cycle is still happening.

I understand your feelings about not wanting to change things but if you're not feeling good you probably need to do some tweaking yes. Another alternative is to go to a longer cycle and see how that works for you, depending how much bleeding you are getting with 12 days x 100 mg Utrogestan on a 28 day cycle. You might need to increase the dose of utrogestan in this case but does depend on your womb, and also needs to be done in consultation with your doc to make sure you don't get a build up of lining.

Sorry I can't be any more help

Hurdity x