Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 987 times)

DS68

Bleeding
« on: June 08, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »

Hi

I wondered if any one with knowledge or experience could answer this question.
I've been taking the oestrogel for 2 weeks and I had a period arrive on day 5 of the gel. My period now ended and it's time to begin the utrogeatan tablets for 12 days.

My question is as it states on information sheet I may bleed during tablets is this another period? And will my body and the new routine of hrt and tablets synchronise naturally or should I have started the gel at a different time.

Gosh it's confusing and I'm not sure what's happening.
Ant advice welcomed  :-*

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:07:24 AM »

Hi DS68 - I just answered your pm which I've only just received as haven't been on here for a couple of days.

Hope it answers your question

Hurdity x

Cassandraa

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »

Hi DS68,

I'm having a similar issue - I have been on cyclical HRT for 4 months now, but often get my periods half way through the oestrogel and then don't know whether I should then take the 12-day utrogestan or not. I think these are my real periods coming through - definitely not spotting. In my case I am wondering if I am taking too low a dose of oestrogel (1 pump and a bit). Have you received some advice /reassurance since posting your question?

Cassandra xx

violetbat

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »

I am recently getting a proper period before I'm due to start the tablets. Benn taking it since last christmas with no break through bleeding at all.
 I have found if I take the tablets when this happens that I do not then get a second proper bleed, just a tiny bit of spotting after the tablets. Then 2 weeks later my body gets its own period again, but a light one. This month I skipped the utro last week and am going to try and sync it in with my own periods again and start taking them next week.

Sparkler

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 06:43:14 AM »

Hi ladies

This happened to me for ages. When I tried to synch it my body just found a new way to be off schedule. In the end I was advised to just take the Utro on schedule every month and deal with whatever happened. It did settle. I still don’t have regular bleeds but I am used to it.

We need the progesterone to protect the uterus.

Sparkler