Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too good to last  (Read 1177 times)

luvleeju

• First Flush
Too good to last
« on: July 16, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »

Hi everyone as some of you know I started HRT (kliofem ) five months ago and have been feeling fantastic and pleased to say I still am enjoying this new lease of life. Only problem I now have and which I thought I’d avoided is that I’ve started bleeding 😡
For the past week I’ve been having a light bleed not enough really to wear a pad or tampon but feel more secure using these products Incase it gets worse . I’m feeling really annoyed and frustrated that this has happened after being period free for years.
I know for the first 6 months it’s pretty normal for this to happen but what I’m wondering is how long will this bleeding continue for ?
I really don’t want to change my HRT as it is doing the job but don’t like the thought of putting up with the spotting/bleed for weeks while I wait for things to settle down.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened did it eventually stop .
I’ve researched this and there’s nothing stating what to expect only that it’s common in the first 6 months to a year with the combination pill .
Please help  feeling disappointed after having excellent menopause symptom relief

Dotty

Re: Too good to last
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 03:09:09 PM »

Hi, yes you are right that breakthrough bleeding can happen in the first 6 months and sometimes in the first 12 months. Hang in there and it should settle . Xxx

luvleeju

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 03:16:39 PM »

Thank you Dotty I will try to hang in there . I’m not a person who gives up easily . Just hoping on here there is someone who has experienced this and can give me more idea of what to expect

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »

Hi everyone as some of you know I started HRT (kliofem ) five months ago and have been feeling fantastic and pleased to say I still am enjoying this new lease of life. Only problem I now have and which I thought I’d avoided is that I’ve started bleeding 😡
For the past week I’ve been having a light bleed not enough really to wear a pad or tampon but feel more secure using these products Incase it gets worse . I’m feeling really annoyed and frustrated that this has happened after being period free for years.
I know for the first 6 months it’s pretty normal for this to happen but what I’m wondering is how long will this bleeding continue for ?
I really don’t want to change my HRT as it is doing the job but don’t like the thought of putting up with the spotting/bleed for weeks while I wait for things to settle down.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so what happened did it eventually stop .
I’ve researched this and there’s nothing stating what to expect only that it’s common in the first 6 months to a year with the combination pill .
Please help  feeling disappointed after having excellent menopause symptom relief
   I have been having bleeding for nearly a year (10 months) of full patches. Usually very light but still there. no tampon needed at night. If it continues beyond the year point, I may give up on HRT and try to just manage with Vagifem.

chipmurray1

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:59:06 PM »

I would discuss wuth your G.P.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 07:20:30 PM »

I changed HRT and have d bleeding most of the 5 months I've been on it, culminating on 3 days very heavy bleeding. The Drs initailly weren't concerned as Dotty says bleeding can be expected for 6 months. When my bleeding increased I was sent for tests. If it doesn't stop soon I would ring and speak to your dr.

luvleeju

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 06:11:18 PM »

Hi everyone today I’ve had no bleeding and yesterday a very small trace so fingers crossed it stays that way and doesn't start up again .
I feel fine and have had no cramping or bloated ness so I’m hoping it was a little blip in the trials of taking HRT😃

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 06:25:15 PM »

Tnx for the update!