Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Eating out - booking but not turning up  (Read 1624 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Eating out - booking but not turning up
« on: July 15, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »

>:(.  nasty at the best of times.

Paul Ainsworth has posted that 27 failed to attend having booked tables ........... being as connected as we are these days, that's surely a Police matter i.e. fraud?  A quick phone call to let the restaurant know that they no longer require the booking?  :-\.  Where we eat regularly our credit card details are taken at the time of booking and we know that should be not attend, the loss of cover will be charged.  Not a problem.

Our dentist does the same, if someone doesn't ring to cancel within 72 hours of the appt., they are charged. 

I would never consider not turning up even though I have panic attacks  :-\

Katejo

Re: Eating out - booking but not turning up
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »

>:(.  nasty at the best of times.

Paul Ainsworth has posted that 27 failed to attend having booked tables ........... being as connected as we are these days, that's surely a Police matter i.e. fraud?  A quick phone call to let the restaurant know that they no longer require the booking?  :-\.  Where we eat regularly our credit card details are taken at the time of booking and we know that should be not attend, the loss of cover will be charged.  Not a problem.

Our dentist does the same, if someone doesn't ring to cancel within 72 hours of the appt., they are charged. 

I would never consider not turning up even though I have panic attacks  :-\
   i agree that the restaurant needs to be informed and it is bad manners not to (particularly with current number restrictions). However the Police could not do anything without the law being changed to make this a criminal offence (which I don't think would be appropriate at all).
Perhaps a non returnable deposit is required if someone fails to cancel by the previous day (as my osteopath does)?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Eating out - booking but not turning up
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 02:09:25 PM »

Good idea!