Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Healing a tiny tear  (Read 620 times)

TnToast

Healing a tiny tear
« on: December 17, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »

I have been using Ovestin for 7 weeks now. I used it every night for 3 1/2 weeks and then every other night. Finally I feel a little more comfortable.

However on one side I have a small bright red patch of skin. It looks like a v small split. When I was using Ovestin nightly it got a bit smaller for a couple of days but then seemed to split again when I reduced the application (also possibly because I wasn't using moisturisers then and the skin got dry and tight).

Does anyone know how long things like this take to heal? Should I apply a bit of Ovestin to it every night to help the process or would that be too much as I have already done 3 1/2 weeks nightly followed by 3 1/2 alternate nights? Or do I just keep on with the routine and be patient!

I am worried because it isn't going away and I will have to be referred if it hasn't gone by New Year.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Healing a tiny tear
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 03:11:49 PM »

Use every night on that particular area.  It helps keep it moist.   You can't use 'too much' 'ovestin', it's about managing the condition.

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 05:13:08 PM »

Had the same horrible problem.  Use plenty of ovestin externally as clkd says.  It could take a while to heal as it's so delicate but yes, use the cream. I don't know how I would manage without it.

TnToast

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 09:49:52 PM »

Thank-you both for your replies - it really helps to have someone to ask about these worries and to know someone has had a similar problem. I know it takes a long time to get on top of VA.... :)