Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 776 times)

Perty

• First Flush
Hello!
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi folks. I'm not usually one for forums, but turned to the internet for research on my own very recent experiences.
Basically I'd been toughing it out for the last couple of years-dealing with phases of hot flushes and night sweats with gaps of "normality" for a few months before the next set kicked in. Otherwise no other nasty symptoms thank goodness (don't seem to have too much brain fog or any other issues).

I finally bit the bullet and asked for HRT during lockdown after the night sweats drove me to distraction. The ability to have a quick online consultation with a GP via an app made it so much easier than the faff of making an appointment for a face to face consultation. Now on about week 8 of Evorel patches. Night sweats are now a thing of the past-hurrah!! (save for the odd slightly warm moment)
I didn't even think I had any side effects from the patches, apart from, possibly, consequences for boob size-bane of my life as a small person with big boobs to start with, plus not helped by a lockdown extra couple of pounds. HOWEVER about 3 weeks ago and again this week for about 4 days, I have had gastric issues. Belly ache and general disruption of my normal gut function to the point where that has kept me awake at night. I'm sure its not helped by the reduced exercise and general day to day movement as a result of WFH. Online research suggests that HRT does have an known impact on digestion with an increased incidence of IBS. I wondered if anyone else has had the same experience and whether it settles down? I'm back to normal today, which is a relief and hoping it doesn't happen again.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 08:04:30 PM »

Hi Perty.
Just read your post.
Yes, it does upset our gut. I had terrible trouble with mine at first. Bloat, pain, sickness, diarrhoea, I used everything and anything to get it back to normal.
Windeze, were good, and bisodol. Eventually it does settle down, but it does take a good few months. It did for me anyway. I still get it occasionally, depends on what I eat, and that's also a problem, I can't seem to eat these days what I used to, particularly fruit and veg, which I love so much, up sets me now as soon as I've swallowed it. 🤷‍♀️.☹️

Keep going, I'm sure it will settle for you, it's something we have to ride out. 💁🏼‍♀️
Good luck.
Jd x