Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Utrogestan Vaginally - Do i carry on through it?  (Read 690 times)

PMDD

Hi everyone,

I have been using utro 100mg vaginally for 15 nights so far, for hyperplasia,  and today I have started lightly bleeding (again)......firstly, is some bleeding to be expected or not, and secondly do i just carry on using progesterone vaginally through it?

Thanks....i'm stressing, so any help gratefully accepted xxx

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding on Utrogestan Vaginally - Do i carry on through it?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:05:46 AM »

Hi PMDD

Are you supposed to be taking utrogestan continuously or cyclically and are you taking other HRT? If bleeding is heavy I'm not sure how well the utro would be absorbed. It's not really designed to be used while bleeding although surely some would find it's way into the uterus - but maybe not so well? If it's a normal period then could you try to sync the period with the Utro ie count the bleeding as Day 1 and then restart the utro on Day 15? However if you have hyperplasia and depending on your circumstances maybe you are taking it every day to help thin the lining? Yes  bleeding would be expected with hyperplasia and taking progesterone as the lining is thickened and unstable. Sorry that doesn't properly answer your question but if your doc has prescribed it to be used vaginally for hyperplasia then s/he must be aware that bleeding may occur so i suggest you contact said doc and ask them?

All the best!

Hurdity x

PMDD

Re: Bleeding on Utrogestan Vaginally - Do i carry on through it?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

Hi Hurdity, and many thanks for helping me!

I was on Evorel Conti, but it seems I wasn't absorbing the progesterone properly as within 6-9mths of being on it, I went from a normal lining to 13mm.

So I have been changed by the consultant to continuous 100mg at night PV utro, plus 2 pumps a day oestrogel.

Still bleeding, so i'm thinking my body needs to do it, I may just give it a few days off and then re-start, and allow my body to have a decent bleed.

With being on prostap long term for PMDD, and before 3 months ago, I hadn't had a bleed for 9 years due to this treatment.