Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleed after 12 months  (Read 650 times)

Ambergirl

Bleed after 12 months
« on: July 10, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »

Hi all,

Been without a period for just over 12 months now and yesterday, lo and behold full on period arrived! Had been feeling a bit grumpy this week and then had a but of tummy ache, just like I used to get and there it was. I read that you have to tell the GP as this is post-meno bleeding so I rang and how I am being fast-tracked for what my GP said was a camera up the womb!
Anybody had something similar? I have been super-healthy during lockdown, eating better, exercising etc. even lost 7llbs (21 more to go!) Could that have something to do with it? I am 54, been using vagifem since April but that's all.
I had a MRI scan two years ago and there were some lumpy bits on the edge of my womb and the consultant wanted me to take the mini-pill to dry things up but I wasn't happy about starting that so didn't.
Feeling stressed out as I had hoped I was in the clear. I've not had children so anything in that area is painful and I'm not sexually active.
Any advice ladies? Not going to google as it will freak me out even more!

sheila99

Re: Bleed after 12 months
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »

If it felt like a period I wouldn't worry about it. It isn't at all unusual to go for months without one, that's why they say you're not post menopausal until a year without periods. At just over a year I think you could probably still count it as normal. They also say everyone is meno at 54 yet I still have occasional periods at 59. We're just special  ;)

Ambergirl

Re: Bleed after 12 months
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 06:17:00 PM »

Yeah I think my husband thinks I am special! I am just going to try and put it all out of my mind and wait for the appointment at the local hospital. Thanks for replying - it does make me feel much better to hear from people who have experienced similar. Have a lovely weekend sheila99. :)