Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Extremely informative video with Dr Sarah Ball all about VA & local oestrogen  (Read 3588 times)

Maryjane

I did this Instagram live with Dr Sarah Ball today debunking many myths around the use of local oestrogen, & the 8 different types of medications available in the U.K. on the NHS for the treatment of VA & so much more.

She also said it counts as CPD points for GP training.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCbIJWiFIWx/?igshid=76hgr0j04c59

Joaniepat

This is an excellent video, I have just this minute finished watching it. Many thanks, Jane.

JP x

Bobidy

Thanks MJ, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Just a quick question, did I dream it or did you mention once about antihistamines affecting VA? X

Maryjane

Antihistamines job is to dry up mucosal membranes hay fever runny eyes etc of which the vagina is a mucosal membrane, so those who take them just have to be aware and if it does effect them they use more vaginal moisturiser or local oestrogen.

menowoman

Morning ive just watched this, v informative. I posted just yesterday about having cystitis again after really a 3 or 4 year haitus while using vagifem. Im wondering if its not now working so well for me even though i did the two week reload and then try and use every other night. Does the estriol you use come with an applicator?

menowoman

Ps a loved the "dry fields" analogy!

suzysunday

I use ovestin and it comes with an applicator. Do I just Google ty interview to find it?

Maryjane

Suny it's here on this page click the link in the post I put up .

suzysunday

Oh yes I see it now!  Not on form today!

suzysunday

Thanks so much for putting this on, so helpful and reassuring to hear how safe local oestrogen is.  Just had an ovestin review with my gp and she suggested reducing my dose.  She was ok when I said no but then I started worrying about it, as I always do!  This had been very timely.

Otter15

I'm not on instagram. Is it possible to watch this video any other way? I'm not technical😳

Maryjane

You can still watch it if your not on Instagram just press the link

Dierdre

Thank you for this, it's so nice to be reassured now and then, even though most of us know it's safe its good to hear from a doctor.  There are so many ignorant doctors and we know they are wrong, but they still have the ability to put that doubt back in your mind again.

suzysunday

My thoughts exactly.

Otter15

I've just tried the link and it says I have to log in or sign up.
Pages: [1] 2