Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT. Where to start  (Read 861 times)

CrispyChick

HRT. Where to start
« on: October 25, 2020, 03:54:22 PM »

Hi.

I've spoken to my GP about starting HRT. She is happy for me to do this. I had asked for gel and utrogestan, but am having a fight on my hands to get utrogestan (Scotland!).

However, given the number of woman on this forum who have issues on utrogestan, I'm wondering if I should start with a patch.

I've tried all sorts of combined pills over the last 12 months, and had horrific side affects, so I don't want oral HRT.

So. Patches. Which to try??? I'd like a low dose of both estrogen and prog. I'm still having periods, so I understand I need the sequential regime.

Any recommendations. And also, I notice a lot are out of stock, which obviously I need to avoid.

Any suggestions, much appreciated, before I speak to gp again. 🤷‍♀️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT. Where to start
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »

Hopefully someone will be along, in the mean time put 'sequential regime' into the search box?  Make notes ;-)

Paz23

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 08:24:57 AM »

I’ve just started HRT too. I already had a Mirena coil fitted which sorts out the progesterone side of it without any side effects. Then I use 2 pumps of oestrogen gel every day. Periods aren’t an issue because the Mirena coil more or less stops them anyway.

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 09:23:22 AM »

I'd love to be brave enough to have the mirena and no periods. Many years in the mini pill and I never had periods.

But I'm scared, as it is so permenant. I feel I need the control of stopping.

Been through about 8 different combined pills over last 12 months... Could not tolerate any of them (in yet I was on the pill fine in my 20s avd 30s). This is why I feel I need the control of stopping....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 09:38:14 AM »

I think that having a period makes us feel 'normal' whereas "What might be happening in there?" scenario ?